104. Wednesday Addams | Dead of Night

Tumblr : fleetingvow

SYNOPSIS. in which you and wednesday open up to each other as comfort after you woke up from a nightmare, replaying the moments in the forest when the hyde attacked you not so long ago. ( 3.02k words )

WARNINGS. slight angst. unproofread. spoilers to those who haven't finished the series yet. english is not the author's first language.

***

𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗞𝗡𝗢𝗖𝗞𝗦 and a swipe on the door and Wednesday immediately knew. She stood up from her chair to open the door that creaked as she did so, and there you were in all your grace, looking pale and dead. A sight for sore eyes yet certainly unwell. Who wouldn't be if they were mad enough to ask to leave the ICU before being completely healed?

She arched an eyebrow in question, watching as you scanned the room behind her and the empty corridors of Ophelia Hall.

"Can I stay here for the night?" You asked, slightly shivering from the cold in your dark red pyjamas. She looked at you from head to toe, furrowing her eyebrows when she noticed how exhausted you looked, even with your posture.

Wednesday only nodded quietly before making room for you to walk in, making your way silently to the bed, and cautious not to wake Enid from her needed slumber on the other side of the dorm. She shut the door and turned to you, not moving from her spot.

"I think I owe you an explanation," you mumbled. "As to why I'm here." You sat on the foot of the bed, meeting her gaze.

"Don't." She replied. The wood creaked underneath her as she walked towards the dark wooden closet that almost resembled a coffin — almost. Her next move bewildered you as she grabbed a black jacket from her wardrobe and gave it to you without another word.

She resorted to her typewriter, typing away as you reluctantly slipped the jacket on your body, providing you the perfect warmth after a chilling moment alone in the corridors. "You're putting extra time on your novel," you mumbled as you fixed the sleeves, looking away from the girl in pigtails.

"You're frustrated. Why?" You added.

"I doubt Enid would appreciate your talking at this hour."

You knew Wednesday wasn't expressive, especially in a vocal way that required her to tell you. However, being with Wednesday ever since she got to Nevermore, you couldn't help but notice her habits. You kept track of sudden mood shifts. She rarely smiled, and if she did, it was because she'd seen something psychotic, especially when it's her own doing.

You'd notice how her eyebrow would twitch when she's confused, how her eyes would narrow slightly when she's annoyed, how she'd look at a person's forehead to make them uncomfortable enough to leave her be, and above all, the way she'd go past an hour doing her novel when she's enjoying it or when she's aggravated.

"Wednesday, you know you can tell me anything, right?"

'And look pathetic?' Wednesday thought. She'd rather swallow a knife than speak of her emotions. It was an unnecessary human trait to depend on another when they feel. So no, no matter what you did, she won't. At least not now and not sooner when you clearly currently look like you haven't slept for so long.

"I'm enjoying my novel." She turned to you and mumbled in a low voice, "Now go to sleep before I kick you out for disturbing my peace."

This was the most hesitant you got with Wednesday. It was as clear as day that she was bothered by something and you still don't know what it was, but you couldn't think of anything better to say as your head became fuzzy with clouded thoughts of wanting to go back to sleep. There was just one little conflict, although to test your theory, you required a little rest.