10

Sok'anya was calm and her breathing was back to normal with the help of Miles. Mansk left the room to let them be since the two looked like they had a lot to say to each other. Miles looks over at Sok'anya who had her hands resting on her lap with her head low. Miles glances down at his watch for the time and sighs softly before standing up but by his surprise she grabs his hands, not his wrist, his hands.

"Is...is he okay? They didn't hurt him right? Please don't hurt him..." She begged. Miles sighed and turns his head towards her as he removes her hands from his. "He's fine. No one will touch him" And that's a promise.

"Take me to my son. P-Please...I need to see him" She pleaded. Hoping that Miles will allow her to come with him to see Spider. She knows that she had lash out at him earlier but she was starting to regret that. She didn't want anything to happen to her son because of her actions. He willingly took her by her hand to stand up so they could leave. As a couple of sky people walk pass them, Sok'anya gasped and hid behind the tall recom.

"They won't hurt you sweetheart, that's my job" He smirks down at Sok'anya as a growl left her lips.

"Growl at me all you want honey" Miles firmly held the back of her queue as they make way to Spider's room. Once they got there, the mother and son embraced each other and tears she'd from their eyes.

"Oh my son" Sok'anya sobs into his shoulder. "I'm okay mom. I'm all good. I was only worried about you" Spider pulls away slightly to wipe her tears. Miles watched them by the door and smiles at their reunion.

You could've had this Quaritch...

A relationship with your son and maybe even the mother of the child but...

Sok is lovely as his mother no matter if she's a Na'vi.

"We're heading out to the forest again tomorrow morning. Are you both going to behave?" Miles asked. The two nods their heads which gave Miles delight from their obedience. They didn't want to be here in Bridgehead. Too many sky people here for Sok'anya which makes her uncomfortable and being in bright rooms wasn't her type of environment.

"Good. Now that I have gained the rest of my teammates back from the dead, you got yourself more students" Miles jokes.

"No students, only headaches" She said which made him laugh. He didn't say she was wrong. Bringing back the Recoms was strange to him. Sure, they are all fine marines and has never had any issues with them. He didn't want them to die out there in the first place. He was already at peace with them being gone and having the other six members of his squad.

Miles left them alone and ordered the guards to not separate the mother from her son or there will be consequences. At this point, since these two are his responsibility, he will be in charge of what happens to them. Miles was going to make sure that they don't get killed, for one. Two, he will do everything he can to gain their trust and perhaps make them obey him more. Three, he will protect them. That's a promise that he's made to Spider and Sok'anya.

Meanwhile, Mansk was in the training room with the rest of the Recoms. Brown and Fike were wrestling each other on the other side of the room. Ja was currently timing Prager's push-ups. Lopez, Warren and Zhang were lifting weights. Walker was busy stretching and as soon as she saw Zdog enter the room, she got up immediately and follows the other recom female to the locker room.

"Hey Zee" Maria walks over to the taller woman. She leans her back against the locker next to Zdog's. The other woman was ignoring her. Maria frowns "Zee, what's wrong? Aren't you happy to see me?"

Zdog sighed with her eyes closed for a second. She shuts her locker before opening her eyes again to meet with the woman who she thought she lost. Maria Walker crosses her arms tilting her head up at Alicia since she was a few inches taller.