35

That night, Sok'anya was still up. She wasn't able to sleep after being told she was going to die giving birth. She wonders if she really would die. What are the chances that she can survive? There's gotta be a possibility. There's gotta be a way that she can still be with her kids.

Resting a hand over her belly, rubbing around it in circles. She looks up into the darkness as a tear rolled down the corner from her right eye. After everything that Miles had done, she finds herself missing him everyday that passes by.

"You just loved having something to give. Someone to fix. Someone to please. But none of us get what we want. There is no—and I mean there was...no us to begin with."

He didn't mean those words. Miles never means what he says. Of course, hearing him say those words still hurts her. She closes her wishing that all of this was a bad dream. "I miss you so much..." she mumbles before drifting off to sleep.

Sok'anya opens her eyes seeing it was brighter in the Marui. She sat up seeing Spider enter the pod "Morning mom!" He looked much older. Maybe around 18 or 19 years old? This can't be real right now right? She's been through this before.

"Oh...morning my sweet boy" She yawns, covering her mouth patting it lightly before getting up. "Mama!" Her little toddler came running up to her, hugging both of her legs. "Awww good morning my sweet girl" Sok'anya picks her up and holds her in her arms, not wanting to let her go "Mommy! You're squeezing me!"

"Oh I'm sorry, mommy just loves you so much" Sok'anya nuzzled her nose with hers which made the little one giggle. Sok'anya was trying her best not to cry right now. If these are the only moments I can be close with my daughter...with my children...then I don't want to wake up. "Uncle Lopez taught me a new word in Spanish!" The toddler smiles.

"DON'T SAY IT!" Lopez shouted from outside.

"PUTA!" She laughs as she claps her hands together. Puta was a fun word for her. She kept repeating it which made Spider cover her mouth.

"GOD DAMMIT!" Lopez shouted as the others laughed. Sok tilts her head confused. "Puta? That's an interesting word" she didn't see why it was a big deal. Knowing Lopez for this long, Sok doesn't know the meaning of any word he says.

Lopez rushed to the entrance of the pod "No no no she heard me saying it to Fike I swear I didn't teach her that"

"You teachin' my daughter bad words, Lopez?!" Miles was behind him. Not impressed.

"Ey! If cussing is what you are worried about you got another thing coming! Wait till she's a teenager!"

"Don't even remind me"

Sok'anya laughs lightly as she listens to them before looking down at her daughter. Seeing how precious her daughter is and how upsetting it is that she won't get to hold her in her arms once she's born. "Mom, why are you crying?" Spider asked worriedly. "Mama Mama mama~" The toddler reached up to wipe away her tears.

"I'm alright. It's just happy tears, that's all" Sok'anya brought Spider into a hug while the toddler rest her face against her mother's chest. Miles walks over to them and hugs his family in his arms "You okay sweetie?"

"I'm fine...I just wanna stay like this..." Sok closed her eyes as she embraced their love.

"Whatever you want sweetheart"

Sweetheart, Darling, precious, princess, honey....

I remember I used to hate him calling me those names but now I miss them dearly.