47

As the past couple of days went by, the baby could come any day now or any time. Sok'anya could feel herself getting nervous. So many thoughts swam around her head. Can I still get to hold her even if it's just for a minute? Would I be able to at least hear her little cries before I go? Will I still see what that tiny face looks like before my eyes forever? The baby can arrive any day now due to all of the stress and fainting she's been through. Sok worries that her daughter will suffer poor health and growth due to how the pregnancy has been going.

Sok'anya sighed as she looked down at the songcord that she's made for her daughter. She ran her thumb over the light pink shell. Neytiri comes to sit next to her "How are you feeling?" She asked.

Sok'anya takes a deep breath "To be honest, I feel very anxious" she was more frightened than nervous. She was scared of dying and not being here with her loved ones. The little family that she's always wanted isn't going to be complete without her.

Neytiri's gaze soften "It's alright. When I...when I was pregnant with Neteyam, I was anxious too. But it will be alright. You will be a wonderful mother. You are already great with Spider '' That meant a lot to her coming from Neytiri. Sok'anya smiled warmly at her words. "Thank you, sister..." she reached over to hold her hand.

Neytiri returned her the same smile and brought her friend closer to rest her head on her shoulder. Neytiri is the youngest child and having Sok'anya around her made her feel like an older sister to the woman. They are two years apart after all.

Ni'Char looked around for Mansk. She found him swimming with the ilu's with the Recoms. Apparently, they were racing each other. When she came to join them, Mansk swam towards her right away "Oh Ni'Char...hey..." he smiled at her. Those soft and excited puppy eyes made him so adorable. Ni'Char could feel her face heat up too.

"Devin" The Metkayina woman held up a beaded necklace for him "It is for you. I made it for you". Mansk smiled widely, showing his little fangs that always caught her eyes. So tiny and cute. "This is lovely. Thank you" he tells her. He took the bead necklace looking over it before putting it over his neck that covered a bit of his chest tattoo.

Her light blue eyes sparkled "It looks great on you. Is it too long?"

"It's just right. Thank you" Mansk tells her as he turns his back seeing how his friends yet again left him alone with the woman he's liked for weeks. He gulped lightly as he faced the Metkayina woman again.

"Everything okay?" She asked.

"I'm with you, of course I'm okay" He tells Ni'Char before his hands are grabbed by hers. "I would like to show you something. Come with me" She had him ride behind her on the ilu. "Where are we heading to?" He asked.

"You'll see," She says.

When they got there, Mansk was mesmerized by the site. "This is the cove of the ancestors. Our most sacred place. Eclipse is the best time of day to come here" Ni'Char turns over her shoulder to look at him. She realized how close their faces almost touched. The recom wasn't even looking at her face. Devin's eyes trailed to her lips and then when he finally met Ni'Char's eyes, he shyly looked away. He wasn't the only one who was shy though.

When the eclipse came around, they both swam towards the center of the cove of the ancestors, underneath them there were purple glowing plants "Right here is our spirit tree" she said as she held a hand out for him to take. Mansk took her hand and took deep breaths before going into the water and towards the Metkayina spirit tree. It was gorgeous. The most beautiful place he's ever seen. She was right, the eclipse is the best time to be here.