57

Tonowari and his family were having dinner together. Kesone had barely touched his food. He still had Ignacia's Ikran toy, looking down at it. He couldn't forget the sad look on her face. He felt ashamed that he didn't do anything to help her or show that he was on her side.

"What's wrong?" Ronal asked her youngest son as she looks down at the meat on the fish picking it off the bone.

"Nothing is wrong"

"Do not lie under my roof" Ronal glares at him.

Tonowari exchanged looks with Aonung and Tsireya before clearing his throat. He looked back at the youngest baby of the family "Kesone, please tell us what is bothering you. You have not touched your food"

Kesone placed the Ikran toy beside him. "Is Miles Quaritch really a mass murderer?"

Ronal stopped chewing her food and covered her mouth to carefully finish what she's got in her mouth. Tonowari's eyes widened "What has been said? Why do you ask this?" He had no idea what made his son ask this kind of question. He's never told his son anything about Ignacia's father and neither did his mate. Not even his siblings had told him anything so why has this topic occurred out of the blue? Yes, Miles used to do a lot of bad things, he did work for the sky people but now he doesn't. He's not that man anymore.

"Tenuk said to Ignacia that her daddy is the one who burned down the homes in Ta'unui seven years ago. Him and his brother were being mean to her today. They didn't want her to play with us. And they even made fun of her toys and threw them" Kesone lowered his head.

Tonowari took a deep breath as he and his mate gave each other worried looks. The leader couldn't believe that innocent Ignacia was being mistreated by his people especially the youth. How could this happen? There was only one way he can sort this out. He knew the parents of the two brothers and he needed to have a word with them. No way those kids would know anything about something they weren't born to witness.

"Okay Kesone, thank you for telling me. I am going to need to have a word with their parents after—"

"TONOWARI! YOU NEED TO COME QUICK!" It was Kiri. Her eyes were in panic mode which made everyone else concerned. "Kiri? What's wrong?" Tsireya asked as she stood up with the rest of her family. "I can't explain that! You must come quick!" Kiri cried out.

At eclipse, Miles was currently having a knife fight outside by the shore. It wasn't with Jake this time, it was actually with Sulung and Tenuk's father, Seehanat. The Recoms pushed through the crowd and tried separating the men from one another.

"YOU SHOULD GO AWAY!" Seehanat yelled.

Miles growled as he tried swinging his knife towards Seehanat. Luckily, Lyle caught him by the wrist and twisted the weapon out from his hand. "Miles! Chill the fuck out!" He pleaded. "Hey man! Hey! No more! Alright?" Jake was there too. He doesn't realize it but he was also helping the Recoms hold Miles back from charging towards the Metkayina man.

"QUIT IT RIGHT NOW!" Lopez yelled at Seehanat and shoved him back, holding him in place with a hand on his chest. "Are you done? I think you're done" Said Mansk who had taken Seehanat's knife and tossed it aside keeping his eyes on the Metkayina.

"Enough!" Tonowari had shown up along with his mate following beside him. "My people, please go back to your pods. Miles Quaritch, you should be with your family. Let me take care of this. I will have a word with you later"

"C'mon man..." Prager whispered as he placed a hand on Miles shoulder. Miles glanced at Seehanat once more before heading back to his Marui. Ignacia had fallen asleep while Sok'anya gently stroke through her hair. Spider sat down at the end of his mat, waiting anxiously for the Recoms to return with his dad. The young man was praying to Eywa that his dad or the boys dad didn't hurt or kill each other.