32

It had gotten quiet now, Spider assumes that most likely all the soldiers are dead now. He was still looking for his mother. He was starting to tear up "MOM! WHERE ARE YOU! MOM!" He calls out to her but no sign or response. Interrupting his thoughts, he could hear Quaritch yelling from the distance and follows his voice. He peeks his head out to see that Quaritch had Kiri under his knife while Tuk stood behind Jake.

"Put your weapon down NOW!" Quaritch yells, applying pressure to Kiri's neck. "No! Don't!" Kiri cried to her dad. Jake had no choice but to place his axe and knife on the ground.

"No..." Kiri mutters.

"Now kick them away!" Miles ordered.

Spider gulps nervously. Debating if he should step in. Would Quaritch even listen to him? He couldn't let Jake surrender like that. There's gotta be something I can do! Come on Spider! They need you!

"DO IT NOW!" Quaritch yells to Jake to get rid of his weapons. Jake hissed as he kicks away his weapons before seeing the colonel pull out those orange cuffs, tossing it to the ground in front of Jake. "Cuff yourself! Do it!"

"No! Stop!" Spider came out from his hiding spot as he tried approaching the recom. "STAND THERE!" Quaritch screams at him. Spider has never seen such a hateful face from the man he called his father. All those times they spent together meant nothing. Everything was just a lie to get to this point. He and his mom have been used. Miles didn't think the kid would be here. He should be with his mother.

What the hell you doin' here boy?

Stop tryin' to stop me!

You and your damn mom!

Stay away!

Spider tries again. He prevented him from killing the villagers earlier. There's still a chance to save Kiri and save Jake. Spider stood still in his tracks with pleading eyes, "Please! Don't hurt her..." he begs before his neck was pulled backwards with a large knife inches away from his neck. He slowly looks up seeing it was Neytiri. The boy was taken back, he even blinks a couple of times to process the position he was in.

Neytiri kept her eyes fixed on Quaritch "Release...or I cut" she growls at the recom as she brings the knife a closer to the boy's skin. Spider's heart was beating fast, fear building up in his chest. He looks around wondering where his mother is.

Don't tell me something happened to her...

Mom...where are you? Help me.

"You think I care about some kid? He not mine. We not even the same species"

Ouch...

Spider was hurt by his words. He didn't think this man would say it out loud that he meant nothing to him. "Please...just...don't hurt her! Okay?! Let her go!" Spider yells at the recom. "Mom, please don't kill him" Kiri begs, still under Quaritch's knife.

"A son for a son!" Neytiri growls again as her ears pinned back. Her eyes not leaving the recom's. She wants to see his reaction. Spider begs again before screaming at the blade sliding across his chest. It wasn't deep but blood did drop from the cut.

"I cut..." The woman whispered as she tighten her grip around Spider's hair making him winched. There wasn't a reaction from Quaritch when she did that. He still wasn't moving but his eyes didn't leave hers.

This bitch is crazy...she's actually for real...

She wouldn't be killing my son but her best friend's son.

Neytiri screams as she brought the knife above Spider. And that's when Quaritch yells "NO!" Raising his knife up in the air away from Kiri's neck. He lets go of the teenager by throwing her forward.