26

The Recoms got back onto the ship. They were going to the next village, in hopes this time Sully will be there. Mansk looks towards his superior who had his back facing away from everyone else. Mansk looks back at the village that they had set on fire and frowns. He didn't want to do this. The others felt uneasy about all of this too. Commands must be carried out, however much one may disagree with them.

Mansk lifts his head up when Sok'anya's shadow passes him. Miles turns around hearing footsteps approaching behind him only to receive a slap across his face. "HOW COULD YOU?!" She yells at him.

"I didn't hurt anyone"

"YOU DESTROYED THEIR HOMES! AND YOU KILLED THEIR ANIMAL!"

"So what? They got plenty of those"

"YOU..." Sok'anya took a deep breath as she placed a hand over her stomach. Be calm. She tells herself and for the sake of the baby inside her. Ja move quickly to stand behind her in case she needed assistance.

"You even hurt your own son..." Tears stream down her cheeks. Looking at the man in front of her. The man she still loves and she couldn't believe he was trying to break their bond. "We taught you...we taught all of you everything but you use it for bad intentions!" She shot a glare at the others.

Prager and Zdog turn their heads the other direction while Lopez lowers his head. Mansk worn his sunglasses and met her eyes, immediately looking away. It was obvious to her that they didn't like what they were doing.

"We're just following orders and doing what needs to be done. I know your Toruk Matko is somewhere hiding amongst these reef people. I won't hurt anyone but Imma set everything on fire if I have to. You better hope he turns up"

Sok'anya's eyes widened shaking her head "NO!" She raises her voice. "NO NO NO! I WILL NOT LET YOU DO THAT TO THESE PEOPLE! MILES QUARITCH HAD TAKEN EVERYTHING FROM ME BEFORE! YOU WILL NOT LET HIS MEMORIES CONTROL YOU TO DO THE SAME!"

I'm technically that guy. I'm supposed to be like him.

Miles steps towards her "I'm in control of my own mind honey. The Miles Quaritch you're referring to isn't doin' anything to me. This is who I really am. Look I ain't broken and I ain't confused. This is what I'm made for, this is what we're all made to do. We're recombinants, Sok. We have duties to carry out that's why we are created"

Sok closes her eyes shaking her head, she couldn't believe what she was hearing. This man isn't her mate. This was somebody different. "You really believe that? You want that for yourself? You want that for your squad?"

I don't...but it's the real reason we came back in the first place...

Miles breathed in before exhaling "It doesn't matter what we want. We're already here and we knew what we were signing up for"

Sok'anya bit her lip that was quivering. "What...what about us?" She opens her eyes to look at him. She still had this hope that the Miles she fell in love with was still in there.

"Us?" Miles only laughs to cope with the fact that there was never such thing as us. Before yeah, but now? They can't be together, there's no way they could. Not with how things are going. "Darlin' listen to me, you and I, we cannot have this" He points fingers between himself and Sok.