60

"we've got unfinished business"

Miles removed his fingers from his throat comm and sighed deeply before looking over towards Jake and his wife are standing by their kids consoling them. He looks back at the remains of his fellow team...his family. Then he looked towards his mate. He couldn't bare to lose anybody else right now.

Miles makes a decision to go alone instead of bringing Jake with him. He wanted to defeat Ardmore himself. "I'm gonna get Ignacia back. And Imma take care of Ardmore"

"Ma Miles! I'm coming with you!" Sok stood up as she held onto his arm but he gently peels her hands off of him. "No, you stay here. I've decided to go alone" he tells her.

Lopez shook his head, "Ey man! We're team! We not staying back!"

"No...you've all done enough. The least y'all can do is stay with my son...please..."

Alicia frowned, "But Miles—"

"Y'all always been by my side. All of you are outstanding marines, the most loyal and brave soldiers. I am...so grateful for you guys...I really am. I'm real lucky to have a team that will have my back and fight with me. But you are more than just my squad. You guys are my family. And I can't bare to lose you all again. So stay here, that's an order" Miles looks at the Recoms before looking over at Sok'anya. Goes over to her and cupped her face while his forehead pressed against her forehead marks. He closed his eyes as he tried holding back tears.

"Miles..." Sok whispered as tears streamed down her cheeks. "I'll come back. And our little girl will be safe and sound...I promise you"

And I swear on my life that I won't lose my daughter. I will make Ardmore pay for what she did to Sean, Maria, Andrew, Lyle and my son. I'll make her pay for it all.

Miles had kissed his mate on her lips before departing on his own. He swam on the skimwing's to go back onto the boat. Jake watches before making the choice to follow him. As much as he still hated Miles after all these years he had to deal with him, he knows this man wasn't gonna make it back if he tried defeating the general on his own.

Meanwhile, Dr Garvin was drinking beer. Yes, he is drinking and yes he survived all those years ago after having a near death experience with Payakan. He struggled to open his second bottle of beer. He sets it down on the desk and looked over at Lyle's lifeless body which startled him then towards Ignacia who was huddled in the corner of her cell.

"What are you doing here little one?" Ian asked the Na'vi girl. Ignacia lifted her head up and smiles brightly with relief washing over her. "Dr Garvin?!"

How does she...

"Uh...yes? How do you know me?" Ian walked to the cell. "My mommy and my brother met you long time ago! And I remember how much you loved talking to them about the Tulkuns!" The child smiles at him.

You've got your mother's memories. No wonder the general finds interest in you.

Ian cleared his throat before talking, "This place isn't for children" With that, the Doctor took his keycard out from his pocket and pressed it against the scan making the door open. "Come with me" Ian reached his hand out towards the little Na'vi girl. He could see that Ignacia's eyes kept looking pass him, looking at her lifeless uncle. She was still recovering from the trauma of watching Ardmore cut his queue.

Ian frowned and took a step forward in the cell while keeping one leg out to keep the door open "Listen, I shouldn't be doing this so we need to hurry, okay? Do you trust me?" Ignacia finally looked towards the human and nodded her head before taking his hand.

When Miles arrived onto the ship, he noticed a familiar body down the hall, it was Prager but he's dead. Miles sucked in his breathed while he clenched his rifle. He was gonna make sure that Ardmore's death was slow and painful.