38

That same day, the Recoms heard loud shrieks throughout the forest. Startled out from his nap, Miles sat up immediately and grabbed his gun. He went out the Marui where everyone else was already outside with their weapons.

"What the hell was that?!" Miles looked around. The noise repeated again and make everyone else exchange looks. "Ikrans...sounds like more than one. They must be in...pain" Zdog said. "One of them better not be Cupcake" Miles said before wrapping his rifle around his shoulders.

They spread out and carefully moved towards the sound. That's when they had seen not only one Ikran but five more Ikrans. They looked tired and distressed. Only one of them was unmoving. They were all crying.

Lopez recognized one of them and slowly approached it "Bonita....?" He stuck his hand out to rest against her face. The Ikran stopped crying and relaxed against his touch. "OH MY GOD! ITS HER! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH BONITA!" He cried as he hugged his Ikran.

Everyone else reunited with their Ikrans except for Prager. Robert's eyes were pale, lifeless, and just empty overall. There's no sign of life left in him. Prager lips trembled as tears fell onto his Ikran's skin.

"I'm sorry man..." Mansk placed a hand on his shoulder.

Prager wiped his tears away "I...I don't want another one" he sniffles as he stands up from the ground. If the Ikran only bonded with one rider for life, Prager didn't want to bond with any other Ikran.

"Gotta fly on something" Said Lyle. "He can just ride on T-bone with me" Mansk said as he kept a hand on Prager's shoulder for comfort. Miles sighed as he looked at everybody with their Ikrans. Now all of them had reliable transportation. They can leave anytime they want and go to Sok'anya. Approaching the sea people is the only problem. They couldn't just simply show up there. Plus which village will she be in?

"Hey sir, may I suggest something?"

"What is it Devin?"

"I was thinking...if we don't wear any camo...the reef people would feel less threatened by us"

Miles laughed, shaking his head "So you sayin' we should go butt naked to the water? Camo is pretty much all we're wearing right now. Not to mention, we ain't even wearing boxers"

Mansk, "Sir...I can make us something to cover up. Sok taught me how—"

"I ain't wearing a damn loincloth"

Mansk bit his lip nervously, attempting to convince his leader again "But Sir...it doesn't necessarily have to look like the ones Na'vi wear"

"I ain't wearing that shit. And y'all don't need to keep calling me sir. Just...Miles is fine. We ain't at Bridgehead anymore and we ain't working under them. It's just us now. Let's all call each other by first names"

Devin nods "Okay then...Miles we need to look approachable. If we wear full clothing, they are all definitely are gonna shoot arrows and spears at us"

"Not gonna happen" Miles denied again.

Lopez facepalms "Aw man we never gonna get to Mami if he keeps being stubborn!"

"Can you at least do it for Sok?" Alicia asked. With his eyes shut, Miles took a deep breath "Alright. Don't make mines too exposed!"

Lopez smirks "I'm sure mama would wanna see that ass after so long"

"What did you just say?"

"NOTHING"

Spider was sitting alone on shore watching the waves. He was thinking about Quaritch, his father. He hates him but the boy was missing him. Spider misses the bond that he finally got to have with his Dad. He saved his life but did he regret it? No, regret wasn't the word. Guilt is what he had felt. This man made a threat to kill Jake's family and he's alive, probably plotting too. All because of Spider.

"Man..." Spider muttered better rest his mask against his knees before looking up to hear Kiri calling him. She walks towards the human boy and sat next to him. "Hey Monkey boy, are you alright?" She asked.

"I'm fine. I'm just...thinking"

"Are you worried about your mom and your baby sister?"

Yes but it's more than that. I wish I could tell you.

Could I tell you?

"It hasn't been an easy pregnancy for her" Spidered sighed sadly as he picked up a handful of the sand before letting it escape pass his fingers. Kiri frowns as she placed a hand on his shoulder "She will be alright" she smiles.

No she won't.

But Kiri doesn't know that. Spider and not even Sok'anya has told anyone about the results of her birth. If his mother didn't tell Neytiri or Jake then he doesn't need to tell the rest of the kids. "Is there anything else bothering you Spider?" Kiri asked. She knows there was more. She needed to push further. "You can always talk to me. I...I am worried about you. You always tell me you're fine but I find it hard to believe. Not after you and your mother were...taken" she was trying to find words to say to him without making him upset. She was just worried about her friend and wanted to do whatever to help him.

Kiri kept looking at the scar on his chest. It still makes her upset that her mother would do such a thing. There's no way Spider would be okay after that. Has he told his mother about how he got that scar?

Spider met eyes with Kiri, he knows she's expressing her concerns for him and she was trying to be careful with each word that came out her mouth. "Kiri, there's..." No, he shouldn't tell her there's nothing she can do, it will make the poor girl sad that she can't help her friend. Now he needs think carefully about what he's going to say.

"Kiri, I am fine but...I am also not fine" He admitted. "And I thought about you guys...I thought about you every single day. I was thinking about home too and I miss it" But apparently I don't belong there. Do I belong anywhere?

"It's kinda weird to me how I've been held captive by that man...who turned out to be my Dad. After not having in my life since the day I was born I was fine but I also wished that I had...some father figure in my life. The more we were by each other and interacted...I felt like I found the missing piece that I've wanted for so long..."

Spider takes a deep breath before continuing on, "I miss him, Kiri. I know that I shouldn't. He's done too much damage. And I hate him...I hate myself for still loving him" The boy started to get emotional. It's noticeable through that mask he was trying to hold back tears but Kiri could see the line of tears in his eyes.

"Oh Spider..." Kiri pulls him into a hug. Spider was shocked by this but he hugged her back. Her embrace is warm and comforting. He needed this from not only his mother but from a friend.

"Whatever happened to you and your mother...whatever those demons have done...it's not your fault. It's not hers either."

You aren't gonna like what I've done.

Spider pulls away, "Kiri...stop. It is my fault. All of it. Neteyam and Lo'ak came to rescue me, now Neteyam is gone. He was protecting me and Lo'ak. his knife by your throat...after all he's done I..."

She needs to know. I can't keep hiding this any longer.

"I saved him"

Kiri blinks in confusion trying to comprehend what he was trying to tell her "S-Saved him?"

"He's alive, Kiri. I...I saved him"