34

As the weeks go by, Sok'anya's baby bump started growing. She wore a shawl to cover her stomach to hide it. She still hasn't told anyone about her pregnancy. She was afraid to come forward with who the father is of the unborn child. As much as she tried keeping her baby a secret, she started to experience 'little pains' every morning. It's become more often where she could barely do her routines or move around.

Spider was worried about his mother's well-being. He tried convincing her to go see Tsahik but she refused. She tells herself that this is normal and all part of carrying a baby. Every Na'vi woman must've had a different experience during their pregnancy so she tried not to overthink it. She tries to look on the bright side that this feeling is temporary and that it will get better.

As more weeks have gone by, the sharp pains in her belly have not gotten any better. Sok'anya was currently alone in her Marui, trying to stand up. Her hand was placed on her belly while her other hand kept her balance. She was on her knees, it was hard to stand up. She was panting heavily as her eyes shut trying to escape the pain she's in. A Metkayina woman happened to pass by her pod and saw the state she's in. She enters Sok'anya's pod and kneels down to check her up close.

"My sister, what is the matter?" The Metkayina placed a hand on her back gently.

"I...It hurts...it hurts so much..." Sok'anya whimpers. "I will get Tsahik. '' The woman had left quickly but as soon as she was gone, Sok'anya had passed out.

Jake and Neytiri were in their Marui, that's when Lo'ak and Tuk came running in. "Mom! Dad! It's Auntie Sok! She's..."

As soon as Lo'ak told his mother, Neytiri's eyes widened before leaving her pod. Jake also followed behind her along with their children. Spider sits next to his mother who is still unconscious. At this point, everyone else found out about her pregnancy.

Spider held onto his mom's hand as Ronal examined her condition. "Is...is she going to be okay? How's the baby?" He asked nervously.  "Who is the father?" Ronal asked as she removed her hands off of Sok's tummy. Spider sat still not sure if he should be the one to tell her. His mom wanted to keep it a secret. Was the father important to know right now?

"I need to know. This child...is not only half Na'vi. So what is the father?"

Spider closed his eyes in defeat. This must've been the only way they could find out what's wrong with his mom "The father is a recom" my father too exactly. He opens his eyes meeting Ronal's. Ronal was not following what a 'Recom' is so she looks over at Jake and Neytiri for clues.

"What is this recom? Never heard of such a breed"

"Right! Well, they are human and Na'vi hybrid warriors created by the RDA. They have uh...recorded memories of a human. So they do not need a human to control their embodiment. Jake explains to her.

"I see..." Ronal sighed as she stood up. Spider and Kiri exchanged looks before standing "Why do you ask?" Spider looks at the Tsahik. Ronal looks at Spider then at his mother.

"Let me know when she wakes up. She needs to know first and she will tell you herself" Ronal walks out of the pod. Now that just made Spider and the rest of the children anxious. Neytiri wasn't sure how to feel about any of this. Her best friend is pregnant and didn't even tell her? And why did she mate with their enemy? Was it forced? Or did she happened to fall in love?

"Who was it?!" Neytiri glares at Spider which almost made him startled. "I ask who mated with my sister!" Neytiri raised her voice. "Mom....don't" Kiri begged.

"It was him! My father! Quaritch! He's the one who..." Spider looks away from Neytiri. The Na'vi woman looks down at Sok who is still unconscious and looks back at Spider "Did he...did he force her to mate with him?" She asked.