27

Spider was brought back to the SeaDragon by Wainfleet while Quaritch went to tag along on Scoresby's Tulkun hunt. Immediately, he went to find his mom who was awake and was also looking for him. "Spider!" She shouted before seeing him with Lyle.

"Mom! Let me go asshole!" The boy yanks himself from Lyle's grip and ran to his mother. The two embraced each other tightly. After a few seconds, she pulls away to scan him, making sure he wasn't hurt anywhere else. The bruise on his arm from earlier still makes her upset her when she sees it.

"Mom, I'm okay...I'll be fine. Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Spider checks his mother to make sure she wasn't harmed anywhere. Sok'anya held both of his hands "I'll be alright. We're going to be okay, Spider. It's just...it's just you and me again. It's going to stay that way"

Spider nods and he hugs his mother again. He knows that she isn't okay but neither was he. Spider thought he'd finally get to know his father and see through him. But it seems like he was always the man everyone told him about. Not even I could change his mind.

"Mother and calf, strong signal. Range 4,000"

"Bring it down on the hull"

"Comin' down, aye! Foils deployed!"

Sok'anya and Spider watches a broadcast of the Tulkun hunt along with Ian. She looks at the screen with disgust. It brought back the horrible memories of when the RDA had invaded her home and killed her family.

Spider points at the screen "What's that? What are they doin?"

"Those are echolocation sensors. How they navigate they have to hold them out of the water or else they go deaf." Ian explains before looking up at Sok who was glaring at him. He slowly turns his eyes back towards the screen. Dr Garvin never actually talked to a Na'vi person before. He was quite excited when he first saw Sok'anya. Not the Recoms, he knew they are fake and he didn't like that. Ian hoped that while she's here, she wouldn't hate him. He didn't want her to think he was like all these other bastards on the ship. He could tell how uncomfortable and upset she was watching the broadcast. He didn't like any of the stuff that's happening to the Tulkuns.

"This is sickening" Sok'anya says as she placed a hand over her flat stomach and brought Spider closer to her side. "Why they go after that one? She has baby"

Ian gulps "They're gonna cut the cow from the rest of the pod using this sound cannon. They...target the mother because the calf swims slowly and she won't leave the calf" I know, it's terrible. Humanity sucks. We just show up like a parasite and damage whatever we see.

After witnessing the brutal murder of the female tulkun, all the crews cheered and clapped their hands at their success in their Tulkun hunt. Spider gets teary-eyes and wraps his arms around Sok'anya's waist, burying his face against her side. Sok'anya shuts her eyes as a few tears fell from her face while the calf's little cries are heard from the screen. Ian looks back over at the mother and son before frowning and looks back at the broadcast of the calf going by his deceased mother's body.

Both of them tagged along with Ian to go extract the a substance which is the yellowish neurocrine liquid known as the amirta from the Tulkun since he is the one who knows where it is. He was actually the first one to discover it while dissecting a Tulkun corpse in the past. The only way to reach the gland is from below. A huge drill is being used to make a hole through the hard palate into the brain.

Miles was there too to see and he didn't think that Sok and Spider would be there too. He told himself to ignore them but he couldn't simply do that. At the corner of his eyes while Ian was talking, he glances over at them time to time. He wasn't the only one though. Sok'anya also looked at Miles when he wasn't looking.