48

This is it. Sok'anya will be ending her pregnancy early and give birth to her daughter. Miles and the Recoms knew what's to be expected but nobody was prepared for it. Spider was going to lose his mother and Quaritch was going to lose his lover. Prayers to the great mother are being sent, will she answer them?

(Warning ❗️This chapter may give readers anxiety. It was stressful reading my own writing so just giving y'all the heads up. There are 4201 words for this chapter. Make it to to the end.)

It was all happening too soon. This was the time nobody expected her to go into labor. Then again, Ronal did say the child will come early which meant any day and any time.

"Somebody get Tsahik! We...we are going to need her help..." Ja was nervous. He was extremely fucking nervous. He's a medic for god sakes and he's never delivered a baby before. Ja only knew how to treat those who are injured on the battlefield. He's going to try his best to help her until help comes.

"Alright...okay...Miles we need to—MILES!" Ja shouted at the recom who just left the pod. Mansk stared in disbelief. "Ma Miles!" Sok'anya cried out for her mate to come back. Lyle groaned as he left the pod to go after the man he's been looking up to, the man he's been staying next to since day one.

"Miles! Hey man!" Lyle grabbed him by the shoulders and turned him around. "Where the fuck you going?"

Miles shakes his head "I can't—I can't be there..."

"The fuck you mean you can't?"

"I—damn it Lyle! I'm gonna lose her! I ain't staying to watch her die!"

"You fucking bastard. You love this woman don't you?"

"I do!"

"She fucking needs you! Yeah! She is dying to give birth to your child and you're gonna leave her?! She doesn't need us! She needs you! You think that you're the only one losing her? Spider isn't going to have a mother anymore and so is that little baby girl! They need you...don't you dare fucking walk away. Don't leave her alone in these last moments that she needs you the most"

Miles' lips trembled and looked away trying to hold back tears that had already fallen down the strips of his blue face. "I know man...I know" Lyle pulled his superior into a hug. "Come on...come back" he tells him before the both of them head back to the Marui.

Ronal and Neytiri had come to help. Prager and Lopez waited outside anxiously standing, pacing around while Mansk sat outside the Marui with his hands fidgeting together. Lyle also sat outside on the opposite side of the Marui. Now, Ronal would be the one to help deliver the baby along with Ja and Alicia's assistance. Spider sat next to his dad. Sok'anya had leaned back against Miles for support while holding her hand and Neytiri holds the other.

"There now, breathe. Following my breathing dear" Ronal demonstrated and Sok followed the best she could. She took deep slow breaths. Taking each breath, Ronal counted to ten before telling her to push. "AAHHH!" Sok pushes, letting out a cry.

Sok'anya had passed out multiple times. And only woke back up to the pain. The labor was intense and her body didn't seem to handle it well. She couldn't relax. She was getting hot and sweaty. Breathing properly was getting difficult. She would even start shaking and then lose consciousness again. It was so cruel that Miles and Spider wanted to look away. Ja had to leave the pod not being able to assist any further. This is someone he cares about and seeing that there wasn't the slightest chance of her surviving this labor was stressful.

All of this was so stressful. Just painful to listen to. It was long and it felt like it was going to continue without end. Mansk covered his ears, rocking back and forth. All the screaming and crying coming from Sok hurt his ears physically and his mind mentally. Lopez had his hands folded against his forehead, praying to the universe that Sok would get through this so that her, Spider, Miles and the newborn baby could be together.