33

A few days after the battle at three brothers rock, a funeral for Neteyam was held by the Metkayina clan at the Cove of the Ancestors. He was laid to rest in the cove. Sok'anya was saddened by the loss of her nephew. He was such a bright child. She didn't even get a chance to see him again. The last time she saw him was when they left him to stay with their Ikrans to rescue his siblings and her son.

It's been a week since the funeral, she's given Sully's space to grieve for their son. The chief, Tonowari and his mate Ronal, who is Tsahik, allowed her and Spider to stay with them. The mother and son had their own Marui. But she missed the one in the forest. The one she had built together with the recoms.

She no longer wore the bracelet that Miles used to track her. It left a mark on her wrist. Sok wanted to keep the remains of the  orange cuffs around her wrist, not wanting to take them off. She kept the dog tags but hid them away. Her and Spider are no longer kept by the RDA or the recombinants. A part of her missed being with them.

Sok'anya still hasn't told anyone that she's pregnant. Not yet. It wouldn't be a good time to tell. It probably won't be a good idea to tell at all. Sok was still upset at Neytiri for cutting Spider. She knows why she did it but it's not an excuse. At some point, she will confront her about it. That's something Sok won't let slide.

Now in the present, Spider went swimming with the other children while Sok'anya was in her Marui laying on her side. Her body needed rest but the problem is that she was awake the entire time. The woman sat up slowly and did a couple of stretches. She closes her eyes taking deep breaths. "Sok?" It was Jake and Neytiri standing outside her pod.

"Oh...hi" Sok'anya stops what she's doing and criss crossed her legs.

The mates slowly entered her pod and sat down in front of her. Jake clears his throat "Y-Yeah hey, we um...we wanted to check up on you. I know that we um...we haven't talked to you ever since um..." he doesn't even look her in the eyes. This man kept looking down. He does that to Neytiri too.

Sok sighed, "I am fine" she tells them. Jake and Neytiri looks at each other before facing back at her "Look Sok...whatever you went through with-"

"What I went through? You mean what my son and I went through?"

Jake gulped "I-I'm sorry lemme reword that-"

"Look at me when you talk. I can't tell what you are trying to say to me" Sok'anya started to get annoyed. She knows they are just here to talk but to offend her at the same time was ridiculous. Spider went through tough times too not just her.

Jake finally made eye contact "W-What you and Spider went through with Quaritch and the RDA...it must've been hard"

Hard?

It was but over time it didn't feel that way to me. I actually started to be comfortable and I felt safe with them. With that man. He kept Spider safe.

Neytiri reached to grab her hands holding them. "Sok'anya...you have been gone for months. We still grieve for our son but we haven't forgotten about you. We wanted to check on you. You haven't came out of your pod"

Sok kept looking down at their hands. She didn't feel support or any sort of affection like she used to. If anything, she wanted to hold Miles' hands instead. She replayed those words in her head.

A son for a son!

Sok removes her hands before pulling her knees up to her chest, hugging her legs "I said I am fine. I'm just giving everyone space...giving myself some space..." She muttered as she buried her face in her knees. Neytiri rubs her back gently while Jake observes her behavior.