07

"That's why I wish I was Na'vi" Spider sighs as he kicks his feet around in the water. Miles sat by the young boy with his feet dipped in water too. During his time bonding with this human child, Spider just told him about growing up on Pandora and being around the Na'vi kids and the people. He felt like an outcast. He and Max were the only humans. Sure, Norm is human too but he has an avatar just like a few others. But still, he wanted something like that.

"Would you miss anything about being a human at least?" Miles asked him. Spider shook his head "No. Not a damn thing" he replied. "As human, I can't keep up like the rest. I can't eat most of their food. Most thing I won't miss is having to wear this stupid mask or else I die without it"

It took Miles a minute to find the right words to say before saying them. Calmly, he gave his response "You know kid...even though you are a human and...I'm just...blue. I think that you are much of a Na'vi compared to me. And hey, you still manage to keep up with us even though we are different from each other. You don't even need a gun and yet you use arrows, knives, and spears. You are fluent in the Na'vi language. Hell, you are even dressed like them" he chuckles lightly shaking his head.

Miles Quaritch...your son grew up to be a fine young man. It's a shame you weren't much of a father to him.

"Look, I'm not tryin' to convince you to stay human. Just let Spider be Spider, don't ever change. Of course I don't mean your appearance, it's your choice if you wanna be a Na'vi or human. Doesn't matter" Miles offers him a smile with a gentle pat on his pat.

Spider looks at him "Do you even see yourself as a Na'Vi?"

"I don't know" Miles admitted as he looks out into the distance. He doesn't know his place on Pandora. He works beside the humans but he isn't human anymore.

"This...this is weird" Spider looks back down at the water.

"What's weird?" Miles raises his eyebrows at the small boy next to him.

"Why are you so nice to me?"

"Well—"

"Because I will gut him if he mistreats you" Sok'anya says as she joins them. She sat next to Spider with an arm around his shoulder. Spiders leans into her side.

"Hey there angel, how you feelin'?"

"I feel alright. Everyone is enjoying themselves. Are you enjoying yourself?" Sok'anya asked Miles.

"Uhh...yeah sure I am" Miles replied. He's not sure how he feels about any of this. They aren't close to catching Sully anytime soon. There's no achievements or any progress on the mission involving the Sully's. That was all on his mind. Surely, the other Recoms are at ease and not even thinking about the mission at all.

How can I enjoy myself knowing that I can't be when there's a mission to complete?

Am I the only one who wants to get this damn mission over with? I ain't tryin' to pull a Jake Sully here. The RDA will have our asses.

"You look troubled" Sok'anya frowns at him.

"What? No...don't worry about it Princess. I'm just in my deep thoughts" He smiles at her.

"Well then, I'm gonna go slap Lyle on top of his bald head again" Spider stood up from the ground.

"Play nice" Sok'anya tells him sternly. "I'll be gentle!" Spider waves before running off back to the others.

Sok'anya scoots closer to Miles keeping a smile on her face. She looks back at their feet's underneath the water. She was quite small compared to Recom Miles. Plus she always found it fascinating how someone can have five fingers and toes. It's an odd number and not even. She studies Miles body language when he's not looking. He did seem to be in deep thoughts. Was he thinking twice about his mission? He and the others could live their second chances being an Na'vi. No taking orders or demands. What kind of life is that?