18

Miles had woken up by all the commotion around him. More like his teammates having a bunch of loud chatter. What a way to wake up after being injured. He blinks a few times to gain his clear vision before slowly sitting up. "Guys...enough...I-I'm okay" he tells them. Everyone's eyes widened as they saw him wake up from his temporary coma.

"COLONEL!"

"I TOLD YA'LL HE AIN'T FUCKIN' DEAD!" Lopez said as he went over to Miles's side "Hey man, how you feelin?"

"Uh...I feel fine" Miles looks around before glancing at Wainfleet "How long have I been out?" He asked. "Four days sir" Lyle tells him. "Four days—what the hell..." Miles winces at the pain from under the bandages.

"Stop moving, Colonel!" Lyle raised his voice at him as he quickly sat on the opposite side of him to check his bandage "Shit, Ja needs to change this when he gets back"

Speaking of the medic, he was out with Sok'anya and Spider who are getting more medicine for Miles. "I'll be fine. Did I...miss anything?" He asked looking at all of them.

"Not really. These past few days, we've just been making sure you were taken care of. Thankfully, you are alive" Prager said.

Miles nods "Yeah, me too"

"We were kind of planning your funeral too"

Haha very fucking funny Lopez.

The only thing Miles could remember was Sok'anya crying for him. Oh and those tears he saw in Spider's eyes. He knew the kid was holding them back.

Miles look around and glance back at Lyle "Where's Sok and Spider?" He asked. "With Ja to get more medicine for you" Lyle replied. Miles smiles lightly "Ah okay..." He was glad that Spider wasn't hurt. He assumes that Sok'anya isn't hurt either.

"Mama was crying for you all day and night, Colonel"

"Zip it Lopez"

"He's...He's actually not lying" Walker said which made Quaritch's ears perk up. "The gal was worried sick. She really does care about you. I think your plan in her trusting you is working" She grins.

Well, that's good to hear.

That means process will be made. It'll also mean she will be more obedient to us.

"As for Spider, he um...he kept on blaming himself. I told him it's not his fault" Prager said while keeping eyes on colonel. Miles didn't understand why Spider would blame himself. Back there, Miles didn't want to lose him so he took the arrow for the kid. He will do anything to protect him.

"Oh..." Was all Miles said which brings him to ask "D-Did Sok tell y'all who that bastard was? The one who tried to shoot him?"

"You mean the one who shot you?" Fike raises his eyebrows.

But that shot wasn't for me. It was for my son.

And I took it.

Nobody really remembered the guy's name even though Sok'anya had told them "We just know he was a Warrior of the Omatikaya" Said Corporal Wainfleet.

"Oh! I know his name started with a K! It's uhh...uhh...uhh..." Lopez just kept saying 'Uh' which started to irritate the whole group. Miles pinched his nose bridge feeling a headache forming.

"It's fine, Private. I was just asking" Miles removes his hands from his face.

"Ku'lap was his name" Said Mansk. Miles nods before turning his head hearing Ja, Sok and Spider who had came back from their medical hunt. Sok'anya dropped everything in her hands and she ran to Quaritch hugging him, arms around his neck. Everyone froze at the two of them and Prager's jaw dropped.