54

// Warning ⚠️ Suicide attempt near the end of the chapter.

That night, Lyle passed by the little family's Marui and peeked inside seeing Ignacia and Spider snuggled against their parents. He smiled at them before walking away. Across from him, he could see the Sully's going into their pod. He took a deep breath before making his way to them.

The Sully kids were asleep at this time too. Jake and Neytiri were awake though. Jake lifted his head up when he heard the recom approaching their pod. "Oh...Lyle, what are you doing here?" He asked.

"Do you two have a minute?"

Neytiri looked at Jake and then back at the Recom. "You can talk to us in the morning," she said.

"We're actually leaving first thing in the morning. I...this can't wait. I know it's late but..." Lyle's voice trailed off desperately.

Jake sighed "Alright alright, let's go out"

The couple stepped outside of their Marui and walked with Lyle towards the shore away from everyone else. With his back turned away for a second, the recom took a deep breath before facing the parents. He was going to get straight to the point. "I'm the one who shot him" He looked them in the eyes, especially Neytiri. The mother of the boy who he had taken the life from with a bullet.

"It wasn't Miles...it was me. I know you hate him, I know that you hate us but I was the one with the gun. I'm the one who pulled the trigger. The kids were no use to him and I..."

I went against his orders. He never wanted any of the kids dead, they were just used as fucking bait.

"So you are here to beg for our forgiveness? It's been a year since my son has been gone. We've been visiting your home that used to be ours. One where we can never feel safe again as long as you blood thirsty demons are still around. Some nerve you have to face us. One year later you stand here and confess that you killed my firstborn. You are a coward..." Neytiri grabbed him by the neck but Lyle didn't stop her and neither did Jake.

"I want to kill you...I want to kill all of you demons! None of you deserve to be alive! My son should be here with his family! And you took him from me!" She yelled in his face. Lyle didn't react to her anger, he knew that he deserved everything coming to him.

"Mrs Sully...I didn't come to beg for forgiveness. But I'm willing to be killed for what I did to your family. That's why I'm here"

Neytiri growled at him before pushing him to the sand. "You are pathetic! Such a worthless thing! Violent and cruel! No one in this world is hateful and monstrous as you and the rest of those demons! As much as I want to kill you right now...." She shut her eyes. "I...I cannot. I will not give you that satisfaction. Killing you will not bring my son back" And Lyle lifted his head up looking at her with shock.

What?

Jake wrapped his arms around Neytiri's waist looking at the recom "We will never get over from what happened to our son. But you know what?" Jake lets go of his mate and kneels down to Lyle.

"At the end of the day, you're all just like the rest of us on this planet, just like me. You guys have blue skin, stripes, a tail and wide ears, you guys have already made yourselves at home. Falling in love and learning Na'vi the way I did" Jake laughed, shaking his head. Oh how they used to be two sides of the same coin. Now all of them are trying to escape from their past, convincing themselves that they are nothing like their human versions.

"The RDA will come back for us. And I hope that they take everything from you"

Lyle clenched his teeth together as he remembered the images of Ardmore's men shooting Fike and Walker in front of them. It was bloody and he didn't even get to grieve for them. Those two didn't have to die. None of the recoms deserved to die. Warren was a different story; he remembers that guy was an asshole. But still, he was just as much as a tool like the rest of them. That recom was just reborn and didn't know any better.