45

// Angst is nothing new here but I'm gonna let y'all know there's going to be some heavy angst near the end so take a deep breath. I know I had to and I'm the one writing this shit lmao

A few weeks later...

Spider went out for a swim by himself. The passing days became much easier as he spent most of his time alone. He avoided being around the other kids. It was best that he didn't hangout with them due to the fact his father and the rest of the Recoms were around him more. He did miss hanging out with Kiri, he wondered how the Na'vi girl was doing.

When he swam back up to the surface, he saw that Kiri was there with him "O-Oh...Kiri..." He didn't expect her to be here with him. He remembers that his mother didn't even want the Sully kids near him after what happened last time. "I gotta go," he said before trying to swim away.

"Spider! Wait! Can we...can we talk? I...I want to talk to you...please?"

Spider stops and closes his eyes, taking a deep breath before opening his eyes again to slowly turn around to face her. Kiri swam closer to him "How um...how's it been?" She asked.

"It's been alright. Just uh...waiting on my baby sister to arrive that's all..." Spider chuckles a bit to lighten the mood. Although he just ruined his own mood. Mentioning the fact that his mom was almost due to give birth to his baby sister made him frown. Because she won't be here once his sister is here. It'll be him, his dad and the baby.

"Oh yes, that is very exciting," Kiri smiles but it quickly fades away with the tilt of her head. "What's the matter?" She asked. Oh that's right. Kiri doesn't know. None of the Sully's know about his mother's situation.

"Oh nothing it's just...it's been a minute since we've talked. I know that you and...Lo'ak needed space after I..." Spider didn't wanna finish the sentence.

Kiri sighed "I was upset for a little bit. But...I came to realize that you've been with that man for months. You probably thought that...we abandoned you"

"Not necessarily. I mean...he's my dad. I got to see the good and the bad sides of him. Not to mention I got to witness first hand of him destroying my home that I grew up on" Spider looks at her.

Kiri frowns "You still love him"

"I do, he is my dad. It's complicated for me too. Nobody understands that. I don't expect them to but....Kiri I...I'm sorry. I know that...you guys lost so much because of him but...just know that I never meant to hurt you. That was never my intention. Look, I get that you hate me for what I did. It's unforgivable. All of it is" Spider turns around but Kiri gently holds his shoulders in place to get him to stay.

"Spider..."

The boy looks at Kiri as her hands trailed down under the water beneath them to hold his hands "I know that you would never hurt me. I don't hate you at all, I would never hate you. I still care for you. You're my friend and I've known you for so long. I see you, Spider" She whispered the last words to him.

Spider looked into her eyes as she said those three words which made his heart flutter. "I...I see you too...Kiri"

"Y'all Daddy's bout to see y'all too if y'all don't separate" It was Lopez along with his woman. The teenagers were startled by his appearance and broke apart their distance.

"Come on, man" Spider looked at Victor passing by with Larrtri.

"You're welcome, amigo!" Lopez saluted to them with an evil little laugh at the end as he walked with Larrtri back to her Marui. What he didn't expect to come next was being shoved onto the mat "Woah! You inviting me to sleep over mamas?" He asked as he tried sitting up but she towers over him. She took apart her bun letting all her curls fall onto her shoulders.