17

It was getting towards the end of the month that the Recoms would spend most of their time in the forest. At this point, they have already learned how to hunt for their own food, read trails and tracks. She taught Mansk some Na'vi recipes and encouraged others to try different things. She taught Ja how to make medicines from plants which he seemed to enjoy. They learned how to be faster on their feet's and swinging through trees when needed. Learning to shoot arrows from Spider. All of them were still learning the language day by day. Whenever the Recoms were frustrated or made mistakes she would explain and correct them. She didn't expect them to learn a lot in a short amount of time or however long they would be out here.

Currently, Sok'anya was busy making her throwing knives. It was late at night and Quaritch was watching her make it. With a smirk, Miles took out something from his bag "So this belongs to you?" He twirls it in his hand.

Sok'anya glanced up and her eyes widened "M-My knife"

"It's quite impressive. I'm still alive though" Miles chuckles lightly. Sok'anya only rolls her eyes before continuing to work on the knife handle "I wish it killed you" she muttered.

"It was a good attempt. You almost got me" Miles stood up from his sleeping mat and goes over to sit by her. He hands the knife back to her. Sok'anya was taken back at the fact that he would allow her to be armed with her weapon again. "Why?" She asked.

"Well, in case me and the others can't save your asses, I should give you something to defend yourself"

Sok'anya looks at him and down at her knife before taking it only for him to raise it up in the air. "Too slow" Miles smirks. Sok'anya huffed in annoyance before reaching up from her knees to retrieve her knife but Miles kept waving it away from her like the asshole he is.

"Give back!" She hissed.

"Gotta say it in English, mama"

"Don't play around! Give back!"

"Say please"

"No!"

Damn.

Sok'anya grabs onto his arm only for her to knock Miles onto the ground, laying right on top of him. Luckily he was wearing his green tank top. She looks down at him while her cheeks began to heat up from how close they are. Sok's heart's beating so fast but as soon as she saw her knife she quickly tries to grab it from his hand only for them to flip positions.

"Not so fast darlin'. I'm on night watch. You can't kill me" Miles grins. That stupid little grin that Sok'anya wanted to wipe off with her fist. She hated the way this demon is making her feel. No one like him should be making her face blush and her heart beat so fast like this. Instead of looking into his eyes, she looks at all the bioluminescent dots on his shoulders and his arms. Oh and the veins are her weakness.

Miles head tilt sideways "Not fighting me anymore huh darlin?"

He needs to stop calling me darlin' that's not my name.

"Not y'all having sexual tension while we asleep"

"Private Lopez, please mind your business" Miles finally got off of Sok'anya and finally hands back her knife.

"I WAS minding my business" Lopez turns the other way to sleep. Miles sighs shaking his head before looking back at Sok who was looking at her knife making sure there weren't any changes to it while it was kept from her.

"Me and my father made this together. He's the one who taught me how to make weapons. So I can protect myself" Sok'anya tried to hold back on her tears.

Miles frowns as he listened to her before looking over at Spider who was asleep and then back at Sok "Now you have someone to protect"

Sok'anya looks at him with teary eyes before smiling "I do" she blinks the tears down her cheeks before looking back at her Spider. "I will do anything to protect my son. He may not be blue but he belongs here just as much as Jake does"