16

They all reunited before the eclipse. Finding a place to camp and settle down after the Thanator chase. They are also mourning for the lost of their marines. Sok'anya took out the cup of pudding that Zhang had gave her earlier but she couldn't bring herself to eat it so she puts it back in Miles's camouflage bag. Spider sat by Miles and looks at the dog tags in his large blue hand.

Miles sighs before putting the dog tags into his pocket. He ran a hand over down his face before his yellow eyes met with the fire in front of him. It's like he gained so much only to have it taken away from him again. At this point, his squad had been through too much shit. He hopes that the General doesn't bring them back again. Zhang knew what he was doing and he didn't hesitate to jump in front of a bullet for Mansk, Sok and Spider. Brown wasn't so lucky to out run the Thanator but he didn't want to be saved. As for Warren, it sucked that he was left over meat that's been picked at. He was an asshole and an ass kisser.

"I'm sorry for your losses..." Sok'anya spoke up softly as she made eye contact with the bonfire. None of them deserved to die. Even though Warren wasn't kind towards her she didn't want him to die.

"We lose people all the time. It's nothing new" Lyle muttered as he fidgets with his knife, doing all sorts of tricks with it. Sok'anya frowns at his words before Miles placed his hand on top of her shoulder. "Get some rest sweetheart. You and Spider"

Sok'anya nods slowly before gesturing her son to go to sleep. Prager had given them both sleeping bags to sleep in so Sok wouldn't have to use any plants as a sleeping mat. "Thank you" She smiles at the headband recom. Prager smiles in return before going back over to his spot getting ready to sleep too.

During the night hours, Wainfleet took the first shift for lookout and now it was Fike's turn to keep watch. He couldn't stop thinking about his former colleague collapsing in his arms, his pupils dilating, the blood from the shot and then his mouth. Sean remembers when him and Ja tried to take Zhang with them. Blood was covering Ja's bare blue skin and the medic was fucking scared and terrified. Then Brown....oh Brown was his best friend. When Devin told him about how he went out he couldn't believe until Colonel showed him his dog tag that had dried blood on the necklace.

Fike blinks a few times before looking over towards Spider and Sok'anya. He remembers meeting spider for the first time. He even held him by those dreads while leaving back to base but the arrow...Mrs Sully's arrow hit his skull. Now that he's back, would he be killed again just like the others?

Fike grits his teeth as all sorts of temping things ran through his head. He lost his closest comrades and there's no sign or progress on Sully. Learning Na'vi wasn't working. And it sure ain't going anywhere to help them move forward. Supposedly they are—Well Quaritch is hoping that Sok or Spider would reveal Jake's location at some point. How long would that be until? Until there's none of them left to complete the the mission?

Letting his emotions and impulses get the best of him, Fike stand up from his sleeping mat and walks over to Spider. He takes a deep breath and taps his mask with the end of the assault rifle. Spider wakes up and blinks at Sean "What bro?" He asked tiredly.

"Get up"

"What? Why?"

"Get up right now boy, don't make me raise my voice"

"Go to sleep damn" Walker whines as she covers herself and Zdog under the blankets. Spider was about to call over to her before Fike points his rifle at his chest, warning the boy not to say anything.

"Don't. Fucking. Try"

Spider was scared. What was happening? Why was Sean pointing his gun at him? Did he do something wrong? The boy was confused and he prayed that anyone wakes up to see what this guy was doing.

Luckily, Sok'anya sat up to rub her eyes which startled Fike into grabbing Spider by his hair and held the gun to his temples. Sok'anya gasped as she stood up from the sleeping mat "No! What are you–don't hurt him please..." her eyes began to water hopelessly.

At this point everyone had woken up and was shocked by what was happening. "Ay Fike, what the hell?" Lopez steps forward but Fike faced him as he held the boy closer and pressed pressure to the boy's temple with his gun.

"Stay the fuck away Victor. I mean it! I'll blow out his fucking brains!"

Prager gulps as he tries to calm him down "S-Sean...you don't need to hurt Spider. Let him go"

Lyle took his gun out pointing at Fike. "Drop it"

Fike only hissed at the bald recom "Fuck you, Wainfleet. We lose people all the time. So if I shoot this boy, he ain't shit right? He ain't nothing new! He'll just be like all the other people we lost!"

"Ha perdido la cabeza! He has lost his fuckin' mind!" Lopez shouted.

Quartich steps towards Fike who took a few steps back. "If you...." Shoot my son I'll beat the livin' shit out of you.

"You shoot the kid, I'll make sure you get the same damn treatment Fike. Now, put down that damn gun!"

"No! This is Steve's gun! I'm not putting it down!" Fike yelled. "Don't do it! Please! Not my son! Stop...stop..." Sok'anya sobs as her arms reached out for her son. "Don't do it...don't..." she begs him. Fike looks at Sok'anya and then Quaritch as he chooses between letting spider go or pulling the trigger while the finger rest on it

"Dammit Fike! Just put the fuckin' gun down! Nobody needs to get killed!" Miles impatiently raises his voice at his marine while a hand rest on his gun that was in his holster. Sean looks around seeing how much of them are left. Not as big as before. Seeing the expressions on their faces he began to feel the guilt build in his chest. He looks back at spider who was scared out of mind about being killed. He is just a kid and he had nothing to do with Fike's comrades deaths.

"Fike, what's it gonna be?" Lyle asked impatiently as he kept him at gunpoint.

That's when Fike lowers his weapon and let's go of Spider who ran back to his mother to hug. "Oh my son..." she sobs into his shoulder. Spider was thankfully saved but that didn't make Quaritch anger go away. Miles strikes Sean with a punch against his face knocking the male onto the ground ground and kicked him.

"Colonel!" Zdinarsk yelled as her and Walker tried holding him. Miles was about to kick Fike against before a yelp escape from Sok. He kicked her instead.

Dammit woman! He tried to kill our son!

Wait....our son...what am I saying?

"Mom!" Spider cried out as he rushes to her side.

"Sok!" Mansk kneels over to her. "I-I'm fine" Sok tells him as she rubs her hip. Fike looks at her in disbelief. Why did she take that last kick?

Sok'anya finally stands up with the help of Mansk and Spider "Y-You are being too loud! We are around animals too! You must not fight like this! Ever! That's why you lost your people!" She scold him.

"You—"

"Don't" Sok'anya growls at Quaritch. "Do not make anymore noises. Animals do not like being disturbed by skxqwngs. My son is alive. There's no more need to fight with each other...." She couldn't believe she was thanking them. "Irayo" she finally breathe out as she looks up at Miles and then the rest of the team. She looks down at Fike who was still on his knees rubbing all the places he's been kicked.

"Do not go near my son again or I'll skin you with your knife" She threaten.

Fike didn't even look at her. To be quite honest, he was ashamed and guilty for trying to kill Spider. Miles looks back at his marine before taking out Brown's dog tag and drops it onto the ground in front of Fike.

Fike's eyes widened as he shakily reached for the dog tag. His thumb ran over the engraved names of his best friend. Fike couldn't hold back anymore. He didn't care if he cried in front of them. Fike clenches the dog tag and breaks down into sobs.