44

A few days have passed since the Recoms have stayed in Awa'atlu. During their stay, Tonowari offered to train them to adapt to their ways in the water if they wanted to live under the same roof as Sok'anya and Spider. The chief was stunned by how quickly Devin adapted to the skimwing even though he had offered him to start with the ilu.

Miles only grew frustrated with the amount of times he tried taming the Skimwing. He assumed that the water wasn't for him since he found it harder to adjust to the way of living. Not to mention this guy is like a cat who hates water while everyone else seemed to enjoy it. Miles couldn't wait to go back to the forest and raise his daughter there.

Mansk swims back up to the surface to catch his breath. "You are doing so well Devin! You are learning to breathe!" Said Ni'Char, who is another Metkayina woman. She's been the one helping the Recoms learn how to breathe and swim under water. Devin blushes at her praises which caught Lyle's attention. The bald recom smirks and pats Devin on the back "Look at you, getting all shy"

"Don't tease me"

"Imma tease you as much as I want" Lyle splashes water at him again before quickly moving away. Mansk sighed in exhaustion not having the energy to get him back. "Would you like to swim on our ilu's together?" Ni'Char asked him. Mansk froze on the spot as he looked around, seeing how all his friends just left him alone with the Metkayina woman. She tilts her head at him before gently taking him by the hand "Come along" she insisted as she calls over the ilu's.

Lopez had been hanging out with Larrtri who mostly just listened to him talk even though she didn't understand too much of what he was saying. She knows that he was speaking English but she couldn't put together any of it. She broke down a couple of times for not knowing how to respond back so she used her actions to do the talking.

That's when Lopez had to take Na'vi lessons from Spider, jogging his memory on it so that he could communicate with Larrtri. Victor wasn't too fluent in Na'vi like Devin. That man can talk to all the ladies in the village if he wanted to. Hell, he already got Ni'Char's attention.

That day when Larrtri took him by the hand, she took him to meet her parents. It went well, the father seemed observant yet did not say a single thing to him. However , the mother was talkative but again, she spoke Na'vi so Lopez was just agreeing and nodding his head to everything she was saying to him. Next thing he knows, he has a tattoo on his back and more added to his upper arms.

Victor sits down in front of Larrtri talking to her in Na'vi. He improved a bit faster than expected. He started to get the hang of all the lessons that not only Spider had taught him but what Sok'anya taught him and the Recoms back in the forest.

"What do you think of me?"

"I think that you are a moron"

Lopez smirks leaning closer to her "Really? Then I think if the planet was mine I would give it all to you"

Hell, I would even change my religion.

The warm sensation of heat from Larrtri's face made her look away from him making him laugh. "Aww did I make mama blush?" He brushed his finger under her chin.

Meanwhile, Spider was catching fish for dinner. He swung the casting net and tosses it into the water letting it extend out. He sighed standing there giving it a minute. Miles walked over to the small boy "Need any help?" He offered. Spider shook his head "I got it" Was all he said, not making eye contact.

Miles looked at his son and sighed looking towards the sky changing its color. Him and his son hadn't had the proper time alone to talk. "Um...listen Spider—"