31

Spider had made his way inside the ship avoiding the fight. He goes to the cabins checking every room before no sign of his mom. The last room he checked he noticed there's tiny stains of blood on it. He looks around the room and then checks behind the door seeing blood on it, including the handle. She was in here...did someone save her? Spider tried to think about who else Sok was close with in the group or who else was fond of her.

Mansk...

Spider knows the recom wouldn't hurt her. The kid had left the room to go search for them. They shouldn't be too far. He went back down to the deck where he heard gunshots along with soldiers yelling orders, screaming and sounds of them falling onto the floor. Spider had no idea what he was thinking being by himself. He was scared and had no weapons to defend himself. He would just have to stay out the way until he finds them.

Meanwhile, Sok'anya had retrieved back her own weapons that Miles had taken from her. Her throwing knives and her whip. Her and Mansk couldn't sneak off easily as they wanted. Not without a fight. She hasn't been in action for so long but holding her combat whip again she knew what to do with it. She hasn't forgotten her father's teachings. Mansk was busy fighting off other troops while Sok'anya defended herself.

"Another Na'vi woman in sight! She's got a whip!" A troop shouted over the comms. That Miles growls in frustration as he grips his rifle tightly before pressing his fingers against his throat comm. "Stand down! Hold your fire!" He shouts.

None of you shoot her or I swear to fucking god I'll split this planet in half...

"Sir! She's—" The trooper was cut off by a lash to the face making him fall backwards. Quaritch wishes he was out there right now. It was a bad idea for Mansk to get Sok in the first place. Not only they are charging at the Sully's but Sok'anya too.

Dammit Mansk! She's pregnant! She can't be fighting!

Who said pregnant woman can't be fighting? A couple of soldiers surrounded her but none of them had a chance to shoot once they've been whipped. The force was powerful...so quick nobody would have a chance to react. Ducking wouldn't have saved their asses, she'll swipe them underneath their feet's too.

Sok wasn't paying any attention this time, disobedient Wainfleet had eyes on her and points his rifle at her ready to shoot. He didn't care what the Colonel had ordered. She's still a threat just like Jake and the rest of those savages.

Mansk quickly pushes her out the way and they quickly reached a corner which allowed them to hide from the bullets. Soon, Neytiri jumps down and whacks Lyle in the head with her bow. Sok'anya peeks out seeing her friend before hiding again to catch her breath with a hand resting on her stomach. "Y-You okay?" Devin asked.

"Yeah I'm alright..." She peeks her head out again before gesturing Mansk to follow her. She hears him grunt which made her turn around and saw that the spot he's covering over his abdomen had blood escaping between his fingers. Mansk took shallow breath as he slid down the wall. Her eyes widened as she sank to her knees, dropped her whip and holds him by the shoulders.

"Mansk..." She stutters as panic began to build back up in her chest. She removes his hand to see his wound. And just how Jake would check for his sons, she checked behind him and sees that the bullet had torn through him. "No..." she whimpers as her lips started to quiver.

"No no no no no...not you too! No!" She burst into tears as her hands covered her mouth. "Oh Great mother! Please don't take him!" She cries out.

"Hey hey...hey give me your hands..." he weakly holds out his hands to her.

Sok's blood stained hands are still shaking while covering her face. Mansk eyes began to water too. This sucks. At least she's unharmed. He reached out to grab her hands himself, holding them. "Sok...look at me...look at me please...don't cry...it's okay.." he tells her softly.

Sok'anya sniffles, hiccuping from crying. She finally looks up at Mansk in his eyes as he gave her hands a light squeeze.

"T-There she is..." He managed to smile at her, ignoring the pain that was taking over his entire body. "Sok...do you know how beautiful you are?" He tells her.

Sok'anya shakes her head as she lets go of his hands to apply pressure to his wound that's already causing it's damage. "Dev...please no talking..." She sobs as her head hung low with her ears drooped down. She doesn't want to accept that she's losing another friend. She can't lose him. They were so close to leaving...

"Sok..." This man never had a lot to say with all those times they had back in the jungle but now he wanted to talk. He had a lot to say to her now that they are alone. And he didn't wanna die without any saying anything to her.

"Do not talk! You are hurt!" She sobs harder.

"My body is yes...but my mind is at peace because of you..."

Her ears slightly perked up as tears rolled down her cheeks "Me...?" She didn't understand. How cute she is when she's clueless. Mansk smiles weakly as he reached a hand up to cup her face and she leans into his touch.

"I-I was lost...then I was given the second chance to learn about Pandora...and see it the way you do. I-I love it here so much...all because of you..." he said the last sentence in Na'vi.

Heart shattering, Sok'anya held his hand against the side of her face as she cries "D-Don't go...don't leave me..."

"You...you are such a great mom you know that? Your baby is going to be so lucky to have you" He coughs painfully before taking a sharp gulp which made him shut his eyes "Y-You and Spider will make them so happy...too bad Miles can't be there..." He chuckles lightly.

"Devin..."

"T-Take this..." Mansk takes off his dog tag and places it into her hands. Not another one. Sok'anya shook her head looking down at his tag then looks back at Mansk who was currently staring up at the ceiling as tears escaped down his face. It's like he's trying to relive all those moments they had before he goes. He didn't want to die. He was scared of going away not knowing what will happen to Sok and her baby from here.

Sok pulled the recom close to her for a hug. Her agonizing shrieks were more painful than his wound. Mansk closes his eyes as he hugs her back with the lack of strength that was the only thing left of him.

"Sok...tell me...tell me that you'll be okay...tell me that it's going to be okay...please..." He needed that last reassurance from her.

"I-I'll be okay...everything...everything is going to be okay..." She tells him, placing a kiss to the side of his temple. Mansk smiles as he softly inhaled her presence one last time "Sok...I..." I love you. His body went limp and his hands dropped to the floor beside them.

"Dev...? Dev? Mansk?!" She pulls away, caressing his face "Oh no...please no! Bring him back! Bring all of them back..." She sobs, cradling the lifeless recom in his arms.