It Wasn't Chance's Fault

Ben left the room somewhat irritated; he understood that what he did was wrong, but he just wanted to be nice and know more than he would ever know about the Isle of the Lost. He asked Lonnie to go after the doctor and see if Evie was cleared to leave yet, as he quickly remembered that people couldn't know about him there.

Angry, he sat down in one of the chairs and thought for a while. This was without a doubt the worst birthday ever. On the other hand, while he was mulling over his pain, part of him was still wondering what the chances were that Mal was the woman of his dreams.

"It's impossible Ben."

Said to himself, running his hands through his hair and throwing his head back. He just wanted this whole real nightmare to end soon.

(...)

As soon as Ben left the room there was a silence among the Vk's.

"Well, it was a nice ride."

Jay said trying to break the serious mood.

"I can't wait to get home."

Mal said happily.

"What about your mom Evie? How do you think she will react?"

"Well, she won't like knowing I hurt it, but the doctor said it won't scar. About three days and she'll be fine again."

They heard someone knocking at the door and looked at each other, it was still strange this habit of these people. Anyway, when the door opened, they saw a young woman come in with a metal cart.

"Excuse me, I'm the nurse." The smiling woman warned, that happy countenance was still strange to them. "I brought the patient's lunch." Despite their distrust, they let her do the work. Mal, Evie, Carlos and Jay watched with strangeness as she opened the tray and showed them the food. They opened their mouths in utter amazement seeing the clean, smelling, vast food for a single person and the strangeness was even greater when the nurse served Evie. "Is everything okay with you guys?"

"Yes...yes, of course, thank you." Evie thanked her being the only one less astounded among them. "Wow!"

"Wow!"

Jafar's son continued, still seeing the amount of food in front of her.

"I've never seen this much food in my life."

Mal confessed in amazement.

"Is that all for you?"

Carlos was already salivating at the sight of so much food.

"Obviously I'm not going to eat it all by myself. We can share."

The four of them sat down and shared the meal. Quietly this might be the last memory they would ever have of Auradon.

(...)

"There is nothing that occurs without a reason. Everything that passes or will pass has a reason already predestined. So, there are no accidents, situations or thoughts that arrive without explanation..."

"By tomorrow afternoon she will be discharged."

Lonnie said to Ben, who was stuck on the phone with his parents.

"I have to go Lonnie, the Agrabah people have arrived at the castle and I need to get ready for the ball."

He said sadly, Lonnie couldn't even refute as he took off running down the halls of the hospital.

(...)

It was already late and the day seemed never ending. The birthday ball was almost over and it was almost five dances with Audrey, greetings with the whole monarchy and a big speech as crown prince. At the end of the day, he just wanted to sleep and forget the last 48 hours.