It's not like Fairy Tales

"No, no." Cedric didn't know what to do. He was haunted by what was happening. "Damn." The traces of Eros disappearing only meant one thing, he failed as a guardian. "No!" In a fit of rage he threw everything in front of him. "You're the most ridiculous book ever, you know that? It's not fair. It's not fair to Mal, to Ben, to the world! You created a Fairy Tale that destroyed the Enchanted World! Who in their right mind does that?" He didn't hesitate to throw every potion stored in Maleficent's office at the wall. "Please don't do this."

(...)

Enchanted Lake

"Ben!"

In an unconscious act Ben threw himself in front of Mal. It wasn't planned, he just saw Maleficent ready to defeat his daughter and when he saw the scepter glowing he thought of Mal and how he wanted to protect her. An unthinking act with dangerous consequences. Mal watched Ben throw himself in front of her and receive a magical discharge.

A memory he wouldn't be able to forget, he flew in front of her and all she could hear was the sound of his body hitting the ground.

"Mal, what are those little golden flecks in your eyes?"

Hardly anyone could have sized up the pain Ben was feeling. On Mal the spell would not be so strong, but on him who was human it was a gigantic pain.

"What did you do?"

She still felt pain, however she completely forgot about it when she analyzed his state.

"I'm a prince, have you forgotten?" He felt a strong pain mainly in his abdomen. "I saved the life of the princess in danger." When she lifted his shirt to see the real state of the wound, she realized how strong the spell made by her mother had been.

"I warned you child, love is weak."

Mal lost track of the world around her when she saw Ben, but when she heard her mother's voice, an extreme anger invaded her heart, a hatred that she didn't know where it came from, but that ignited the magic inside her. She remembered that flame that Nanny, her grandmother, had delivered in that strange vision. She didn't think twice, before she knew it she started to fly, she was flying with her whole body pulsating with magic.

Maleficent said nothing, just watched her daughter soar with immense wings, while her eyes shone in a way they never had before.

"You will never hurt the ones I love again."

Grabbed Maleficent by the scruff of the neck, who thanks to her fright couldn't reach for her scepter. She was afraid. The worst village ever feared her daughter's wrath.

"Mal."

She knew she could kill her, but as strange as it may be, when she looked at her so close, she didn't see the worst person in the world, what she could see was a woman in fear, someone who had suffered from love, so she stopped loving.

"Get out of my life."

Could barely do anything, she just held her in his arms and threw her away. A distance that certainly wouldn't kill her, but would erase her for a while.

(...)

Auradon

Rashid knew that things were not going well, he knew this from the simple fact that there was still a battle going on. If Mal had the three arrows, everything would have to be different. He wasn't liking how everything was going, but there was still a sliver of hope.

"Where is everyone?"

Merlin asked the apprentice being tired of fighting.

"I don't know."