Why purple?

Isle of the Lost

"I'll always just be a little spoiled prince." Mal was surprised by Ben interrupting Evie and walking into the house. "But you, Mal, you're more than just an Island girl."

"What are you doing here?" Mal asked. She could have led him to Audrey, but she still remembered the fight from earlier. "I don't want to fight anymore Ben."

"I'll leave you two alone."

Evie said feeling uncomfortable.

"No E., you can stay, we don't have anything important to talk about."

Mal said not letting her friend go.

"'Okay."

Evie agreed feeling even more embarrassed.

"Mal, can we talk?"

"About what? I think I should welcome Sleeping Beauty's daughter."

"Wait, are you jealous of Audrey?"

He asked trying to understand where so much anger came from.

"What?" when she usually got angry she would go out to clear her head, but she couldn't with the Isle being so crowded and she also didn't want to run the risk of her mother finding her. "No little prince, I'm not jealous of you with that pink princess."

"Stop getting so defensive!" He said louder. At that moment, when he came closer to her, Evie took the opportunity to leave quickly, for she knew that the fight of the two would start at that instant. "It's okay to be jealous."

"First, I'm not defensive and second what would I be jealous of? You said yourself that we are a mistake, Audrey is the one for you."

She replied laughing sarcastically.

"I didn't say anything like that. Mal, when was I ever going to say that you are a mistake to me?" He spoke getting tired of yelling for what wasn't worth it. "You're the best thing that ever happened to me." He moved closer fiddling with the purple hairs.

"But, you regret it, don't you?" He asked looking into his eyes. "You're the best thing that ever happened to me too, but Ben, don't you think it's better to face the truth?"

"The truth?"

He asked not understanding what she was talking about.

"That's the girl you should be." Ben snorted and walked away from her. "I'm just telling you the truth, if it wasn't for all those dreams you would still be with her."

"You fight me for saying something I never said, but you still doubt us?" Mal was about to start talking, but he interrupted before she could say any words. "I honestly thought that after all this time together you were finally going to trust how you feel."

"It's not about trust Ben."

"Then what is it about? Tell me, because I swear I don't understand you.

"Before I had the Book, he was the one who started all this, but Cedric said he wouldn't write himself again, so now it's our choices, now it's just what we think or feel."

"Now? Mal, I still don't understand a third of everything that involves us and that damn book, but I know that being with you is my choice, because I love you. But what about you, why are you still with me?"

"I hate to interrupt a fight." Just as Mal was about to answer her boyfriend they were interrupted by someone they didn't expect to see again. "I was going to wait, but it looks like you're going to get a second round." The man continued talking as the couple looked at him still silly to see him. "Are you going to stare at me like that for long?"