Underworld, part 2

"Tell me you can get us inside the cave."

Hades asked Rashid completely flustered by seeing Maleficent in her dragon form.

"What? You said we couldn't go in there."

The man of Wonders whispered as low as possible.

"Do you take everything literally? Just go away with us now."

(...)

"Your destiny is intertwined with your mother's." The Moirai continued talking about the future. "Mal. Mal. Save them all, Mal." Their laughter was like an unbearable sound in his ears.

"Mal!"

As if out of a trance, she found herself being shaken by Rashid.

"Where are they?"

"They left, they're like that. They just drop the bomb and then disappear."

Hades replied, while looking at the gigantic creature.

"What are they doing here?"

"There's a monster outside." The blue haired man explained. "A monster that spits fire, destroys everything and is very very scary."

"He means your mom."

Rashid tried to explain that the monster so scary was Maleficent.

"What?"

"It's your mother in dragon form."

Rashid showed the dragon. Mal who had never seen his mother like that had to say he found it impressive and frightening.

"How did she get in here?"

"I would love to know, does she know we are here?"

"No, I don't think so." Rashid commented. "That's not the problem, as far as I'm concerned Maleficent can destroy this place, as long as I, I mean we, are not here."

"Wait, this is Hades here." Mal and Rashid looked at him with arched eyebrows. "I know, we're more important."

"What are we going to do? Fight her?"

Mal asked.

"No, you're not that strong, Hades has no power and I, not even if I could do something."

While Mal and Rashid were talking, Hades noticed that Maleficent, despite being in her most powerful form had not destroyed anything yet. It was then that he thought, she did not wish to destroy, the evil fairy wanted him. She wanted to destroy him.

"I have a plan."

Hades said turning to them.

"Plan?" Rashid asked. "My powers have limits, Hades, I can't disappear from here to the top, this is way beyond Wonderland."

"Easy, I won't need you."

"What's your idea?"

"The boat is on the other side, I distract Maleficent and you two teleports to the boat, can you do it Pumpkin?"

"Even the boat can be."

"Why doesn't Rashid take all of us?"

Mal asked.

"She would see you and can't face Maleficent now."

"Ready?"

Hades asked looking mostly at his daughter.

(...)

Maleficent studied the place intently, expecting more from the Overworld. With a simple spell she entered thinking that at least she would be greeted with better security than a pet dog. As a dragon, she was both powerful and vulnerable, so she took her time analyzing the place.