And everything goes back to normal part 2

United States of Auradon

And everything was back to normal. Classes at Auradon Prep. we're proceeding in a hectic fashion, especially with the last school year coming to an end. Benjamin was dealing with this, while Adam was convincing the team of counselors not to postpone his son's coronation.

Ben was so immersed in so much schoolwork and meetings with the nobility that he didn't even seem to have invaded the Isle of the Lost one day and run over the Wicked Queen's daughter. It was all just a nightmare he forgot...or almost.

"Next class is with Merryweather, did you guys do her work?"

Chad asked his friends, as they walked down the long halls of the school.

"I have a meeting with my dad."

Ben spoke without a hint of animation.

"And I have a meeting with Fairy Godmother about the end of the year dance."

Audrey spoke being the main organizer of school events.

"That means I'm the only one who has to study. I wonder if there is any place where there are no schools."

"I'm sorry Chad, even on the Isle of the Lost they have schools."

He said without any malice of having said this in front of Audrey.

"And how do you know that?"

Aurora's daughter asked.

That's when he realized that he had said more than he should have.

"Oh, I... I.... must have heard it at one of the meetings with the student council." He tried to lie. "I'm going, because the limo is waiting for me."

(...)

Isle of the Lost

Never in her sixteen years of life had Mal felt uncomfortable living on this Island, yet now it seemed that even the faintest of winds was annoying her. What was cheering her up the most was her art on the walls.

"Hey Mal."

A thin scream caught the girl's attention. The voice was that of a certain blue one who was in an old castle

"Hi." Her despondent voice showed about how she was feeling, "How are you?"

"Fine, although that cast on my leg is quite uncomfortable."

"Did your mother have a fight?"

With one of his talents Mal scaled the wall and walked over to the girl's castle.

"If she had noticed, last night was date night for her and her friends." She wasn't going to say, but she was glad Mal stopped there to talk to her. "And Maleficent?"

"Amazingly enough she noticed I was gone. But just threaten my father and she'll leave me alone."

"Wait, do you know who your father is?"

"Let's just say I do." It was a way of saying that Maleficent always threw it in her face that she was just like her weak father. "Didn't the Evil Queen tell you about yours?"

"If she only knew who he is."

Evie's house, despite being away from the central part of the island also provided a great view over the whole small place. Mal observed how unlike Auradon, her lovely house seemed to have only a single color.

"When will the prince be back to get that thing off your foot?"

"After a week, I think. Miss him?"

"You shouldn't go alone, I still don't trust him."

Mal said seriously and ignoring the previous comment

"And who would go with me? Because I guarantee you, they wouldn't welcome my mother."

"If you want, I can go."

"And why would you do that?

Evie wanted to know since the last time she checked they weren't friends.

"Well, I'm not a very busy person and I don't trust those people in Auradon."

"If you insist."

They didn't speak again. Mal looked back at the street and saw all those people walking around with nothing to do. Probably they didn't.

(...)

United States of Auradon

Rashid, the old Auradon Prep. teacher was running through the halls to find the library, in fact to find Cedric.

"Thank God, I found you."

He said in a rush when he saw Cedric putting some books on a bookshelf.

"What's with that face? And I'm always in the library."

He continued with his work of putting the books on the shelves. At first, he liked working there, but he was beginning to find it tedious to stay in that room all day.

"We need to talk."

He said quietly so that no one could hear them.

"What? Why whispering? I can't leave here before 11:00 pm."

"Cedric is serious."

The busy library prevented him from saying what he wanted to say.

"Then tell me what's wrong with you."

"The king is after Circe."

Rashid Said in his ear who dropped the book he was carrying making the loud noise echo in the library. He had never heard the name of the witch again for years.

"What?"

"Let's get out of here. I heard some talk from the Fairy Godmother and it's much more serious."

It wouldn't be bad to leave the room, even more so with this likely concern about Circe.

(...)

Ben had been in the meeting with his father for two hours. He hadn't known what was happening to him, he had been going to meetings since he was a kid, that was nothing new, but for some strange reason staying in them was getting harder and harder. Listening to the same complaints, the same strange solutions, and the same talk. He knew what he had to say to please them, there was a ready text of all the answers he had to give.

Auradon had other problems than these, and what if they got in the way of talking about the Isle of the Lost and all their problems? What would it be like if he dared to talk about how those people lived without a minimum of sanitation?

"Ben what do you think?"

His father asked randomly just to get his son to say something and join in their conversation

"I think Duke Peter is right."

He smiled at the conservative gentleman who liked to hear that he was right

Adam watched his son and realized that his mind was far away from there since, if he knew the boy's dreamy way, he would never agree with the old duke's words. Ben was different, but what could have happened that would have changed the king's son so much?