Getting to Know You

That was it, after vans attempts by various villains to escape the Island, four young men would make it out with ease and still escorted by the future king. Happily, for the children of villains their parents never cared enough to want to know each other's whereabouts.

From the Island to Ben's castle wouldn't take long, but they couldn't go there, not with a party the next day. He asked Aladdin's son to go to his grandfather Maurice's old house.

Aziz was driving, while Ben and the others in the back seat. Now that the spirits were calmer, they could look at each other more closely. Before what Ben saw was a girl he had run over, now, thinking reasonably, those boys were probably the children of villains and he was taking them to his kingdom. Benjamin would surely get a scolding from the gentle Belle.

The vks were watching everything the dim night light allowed. Because it was night all they saw was the barrier opening and the bridge forming. Even Evie, who was in pain from a broken leg, was thrilled to see the golden thing forming over the water.

Among the looks of discomfort two were worse than all the others. Ben and Mal. They watched each other discreetly. The girl could swear that she knew him without even knowing his name. Benjamin felt the same way.

After the panic and anger, he looked at her and wondered how beautiful she was, and certainly different from any girl he had ever seen in Auradon. And yes, if that wasn't such a bad moment he would say "wow". When the prince took his eyes off her and he looked at the others, he noticed them looking with a twinkle in their eyes at the candy table made for Ben's birthday.

"You can have it if you want."

Ben gave them the freedom to take the candy.

Carlos and Jay, even though they didn't have that much of a bond, smiled accomplices at each other and without a second thought grabbed everything their hands could.

"Get it for me too."

Evie asked, as her leg was immobilized and she was being forced to rest it on the bench.

Mal looked at that and just knew to roll her eyes. Was it possible that she was the only one to see things that far? They were going to the kingdom they were taught to hate, with people they didn't know, and as far as she knew, these Auradonians could kill them right there. Even his faithful squire would rather eat strange foods than notice the remarkable evidence.

"Be my guest, sorry I don't know your names. Just yours, Evie, right?"

Ben tried to be gentle and polite.

"Pleasure."

She reached out to the boy. Mal thought it was dumb, but knowing Evie only a few days ago she imagined the bluish one would be capable of such an act.

"Carlos."

The white-haired boy introduced himself.

"Jay."

Jafar's son counted with a mouthful of food.

"Really?"

Mal asked irritated with them, who seemed to have forgotten everything they had learned their entire lives on the Island.

"That's Mal."

Carlos spoke with his mouth full of chocolate.

"I'm Lonnie." Ben's friend introduced herself. "The driver on duty is Aziz and this here is Chad."

"Is he okay?"

Evie asked seeing the deplorable state of the boy

"Yeah, he's just drunk." Doug said to Evie, "Ah, I'm Doug."