Unexpected Help

Isle of the Lost

"Let me get this clear, you want me to fight Ruby and thus save the kingdom of goodness?"

Maleficent asked.

It was not difficult for Rashid or Cirse to enter the Island and Maleficent without magic did not cause any fear in them. The Bad Fairy without magic had no choice but to listen to the kind fairy and the man from Wonderland.

"Actually, it's not just our kingdom, it's the world."

Rashid clarified

"Or I can stay here and watch evil reign."

"Maleficent, you know I lived with your mother for a while."

Cirse said and quickly saw Maleficent close her countenance.

"She was not my mother. Fairies don't have parents remember? In fact, as far as I know you're not a fairy."

Mal's mother promptly replied.

"Nanny. She told me that that day you killed Ruby's little sister Martha and Lucinda." Maleficent's annoyance was noticeable, "Your past is not as unknown as you think."

"If she really wants the Book she will get it, you of all people should know that your sisters always get what they want. The people of Auradon should take her things and arrange hiding places."

"Maleficent." Cirse grabbed her arm. "You hurt her too, do you really think her revenge won't affect you? You and Ursula have unfinished business."

"Isle, barrier, no magic can get in."

For the first time in twenty years this barrier would serve a purpose.

"And your daughter?"

"What about Mal? Do you know where she is?"

"It doesn't matter, nothing matters if you don't help."

"You know that Ruby and her sisters were the most powerful witches in the kingdom for a long time, right?"

She said and out of all the likely answers this was the least worst.

"Until you showed up."

"And you want to free me?"

"For you to help us of course, and Merlin is helping us."

Rashid said that to let her know that she couldn't do anything foolish, considering that, Merlin had a vast knowledge of magic.

That meant that they trusted her. And in Maleficent's life, there were few people who trusted her.

"Does King Beast know about this?"

"Obviously not, we are unleashing the worst villain."

"Thanks for the compliment." Maleficent stopped to think for a moment. She was not the kind of person who helped other people. However, they were right, she was far worse than Ruby. This was her chance, probably her only chance, to get off the Isle of the Lost. "Okay little fairy, you make that potion you used before and I'll fight Ruby until you are able to bind her again."

(...)

United States of Auradon

That didn't even look like the same Auradon that had once impressed Mal. In fact, if given another month she might actually look like the Isle.

"My God!"

Ben said in astonishment, as he ran his hands through his hair showing that he was nervous. When he was kidnapped, the situation was already not the best, now it was considerably worse.