Our Reality

United States of Auradon

When his eyes opened again, he wished he could go back to sleep. Unlike the other times, waking up from a dream was not good, he wanted more time out of reality.

"You're okay, that's good!"

Cedric looked grateful and relieved to see Ben waking up.

"What happened?" the prince was still confused as he sat up and began to run his hands over his face. "Was that real?"

"I don't know what you experienced, but you've been unconscious for two hours, so I really want to believe it was productive."

Ben smiled as the memories began to flood back into his brain.

"It was, it was very good. I can't believe it Cedric." He smiled thinking he had managed to talk to the purple haired girl. "I saw her and talked to her." Happy, he started walking through the forest. "It was real, wasn't it? It has to be."

"It was real, as far as a dream is real and from what I can see it was good."

"Was it good? It was too much, I talked to her, apologized for the kiss and everything else."

Her excitement was such that she didn't even realize that Cedric didn't know the details of her life.

"I'm glad."

Ben had no idea that he knew the whole story.

"Cedric, I want to know more."

"Know more about what?"

"Dreams, I want to understand. She told me she was also experiencing the same confusions I was."

"Okay, I can point you to some books."

Cedric mentally prayed that nothing wrong would happen to him for prying.

"Another thing, I need more of that. I said I would see you tomorrow and I can only do that with these plants.

"All right, I can get some for you to take."

"Great."

His joy was visible and could be noticed from meters away.

(...)

Isle of the Lost

When Mal woke up, she had more doubts than when she slept. However, she was happy. A strange joy.

"Mal, Gaston's clone is calling you!"

Maleficent shouted, startling her daughter who was waking up yet

"Huh? Are you here yet?"

She asked sleepily.

"Do I have to answer for you?

"No, Mom, it's your house, do what you want.

"Exactly, I don't want you home late.

"Okay."

She left without any further fights and went to meet Jay.

"Where have you been? I've been trying to call you for hours."

Jay asked when he saw the sleepy girl coming down

"Sleeping, I fell asleep."

"Got it, how was it there with Evie in Auradon?"

She never would tell about the kiss.

"Normal, she just took the cast off her leg and we went back, no big deal."