End of Romances

United States of Auradon

"I support you in everything Ben, except that."

Another one of the kings spoke on the way out of the meeting room. The lord greeted the sad boy before leaving.

To Ben's not so surprise, the vast majority were against his last proposal, to free the children of the Island prisoners. It would not be easy to change the minds of monarchs who were so conservative.

Without further conversation Ben left the place and went somewhere he could be alone. And that was just the beginning of a day that would not end well.

(...)

A little far away, Rashid was running to pack his few things in a bag.

"Are you crazy? I can't do this."

He tried to tell Cedric who was ignoring him and throwing the magic control teacher's pieces of clothing into the suitcase.

"You will, because you took an oath."

Cedric argued against him.

"I made what...what oath?"

"Oath to protect magic."

"I hate you and I still can't go, you know the Hatter and the rest of the staff don't like me, where would I stay?"

Rashid Tried to make an excuse, even though, seeing his friend's condition he would end up going to Wonderland anyway.

"Look at the size of that place, it's literally underground world, besides, I'm sure the White Queen will give you a place, she's kind to everyone, even you."

"I'll go, okay, but I still need an explanation, Cedric.

"I want an explanation too buddy, but all I got was a danger alert. I need to take care of them and protect them.

He spoke regarding Mal and Ben.

"Things are going to get crazy around here, right?"

Rashid asked worriedly.

"Yes, I think we will witness a war, again."

"You trust me, taking care of this?"

Rashid asked holding The Book in his hands

"I have to. Be well my friend."

Cedric Gave the man from Wonderland a tight hug.

"You be well too. I will take care of him with my life. See you soon."

In countless seconds Cedric saw Rashid disappear and the book with him.

"I hope so."

Cedric hoped that his decision was a wise one.

(...)

Isle of the Lost

"What would you all do if you were free?"

Randomly Evie asked her friends. The day had barely started and they had already gone about their daily problems.

"I don't know, I guess I would run somewhere away from my mother."

Carlos said his most desirable thought.

"I would go after all the gold I could."

Jay replied already imagining big pots of gold.

"What about you Mal?"

"I don't know, it seems like a pretty crazy idea to me. We're stuck and we're going to stay that way, forever."