Something is wrong

Unknown Place

She was never used to being alone. She grew up, learned magic, became a witch, did spells, got into trouble, and always lived by her sisters' side. From the day she was born until months ago she has always been by their side. Being alone and having to think about everything was still new. If she was going to be honest, a lot of things were just working out, by sheer luck. If it hadn't been for that photo in the cabin, I would never have known who the couple in the book were. She liked not having Lucinda and Martha with her to do everything, but she knew it was worth it, soon they would be together and the fate of the three sisters would be changed. Everything depended on her, it was in Ruby's hands to change the course of history.

(...)

Camelot

"Cedric you are alive!" Rashid said happier than he had ever been in his life. He jumped up almost like a cat hugging his friend. "What happened to you? Where have you been?"

"Good to see you too System Failure." He hugged even tighter the only faithful friend he ever had in his life. "Hi master." He looked at Merlin afraid he would curse him, for all the things he did.

"Good to see you, Cedric."

Despite the formality, the old wizard also smiled and hugged Cedric tightly.

On the outside of the hugs and trying to understand the whole situation, was Mal. She found all this excessive display of affection strange, even more so when it was the person who was probably to blame for the whole situation.

Cedric took a deep breath and looked at the isolated girl. He had never seen Mal before, face to face. He knew her through the Book and honestly the pages describing her didn't miss a single characteristic. Scary like her mother. However, knowing her beyond that, I knew she was sweet and even funny.

"Maleficent Bertha Faery, a pleasure to meet you."

Mal initially laughed at him almost kneeling down and kissing his hand, but froze when he spoke his full name.

"Really that book even knows my full name?"

She complained

"It even knows how you got that scarring on your neck."

He clarified, talking about the small cut she had, thanks to a street fight that almost cost her life.

"What happened to you? We thought you were dead."

Rashid asked what everyone wanted to know.

"Where's Ben?" Cedric asked stopping to notice the boy missing from the room. He was so elated to be back that he only just realized he was missing." Rashid, where is he?"

"Well, given the fact that, we thought you had died and that we thought we were at the end of the world..."

He tried to explain in a way that didn't sound like he did something wrong.

"What did you do?"

"We told you everything. The whole truth."

Merlin also took the blame.

"All what?" When he looked at Mal, he saw in her the face of one who already knew the whole story. "They know everything. Good. Pretty cool."

"Are you screwed?"

"No, not just me. We all are."

"What's up?"

"I just don't understand one thing yet. Where's Ben?"

"He's gone, just like I'm intending to go, right Spider Thing?

Mal interfered in their conversation.

"He's gone?" Cedric looked at Rashid not understanding anything and apparently nervous about it. "How did you lose him?"