The Preeminent End

Previously

"What do you need?"

Cirse agreed to help Ruby and after the whole speech came to the conclusion that there was only one responsible for all the mistakes in her life, the Book. If she wanted to be who she always wanted to be, helping the villain was her best chance.

"Take the Book. I will destroy it and when I do that all the past will be changed."

"What about the characters?"

"We will destroy everything and build a new beginning, our happy story, Circe."

"And how will you write that new story? You need a guardian."

"You know one, don't you?"

"Yes, but Ruby, you have to promise me that you won't hurt Cedric."

"Rest assured, we only need him to manipulate the pages. Trust me Cirse, bring the book and everything will work out fine."

(...)

Rashid threw down every book on Merlin's old bookshelf, but to his sad surprise the Book of Fairy Tales was not there, which in other words meant that Maleficent was right and Cirse managed to steal the magical object.

"This is going to be fun."

Maleficent gave an excited smile as she saw Rashid's countenance.

"You!"

He pointed at the witch who seemed to be practicing some kind of magic.

"Rashid, is there a problem?"

"Is there a problem? Do you think I'm stupid? You stole the Cirse Book!"

He asserted nervously in a way he hadn't been in a long time. It seemed that the more he looked at her the angrier he felt

"Rashid I...I..."

She didn't know what to say or do as she was embarrassed.

"You really got it! How could you?"

"Rashid try to understand."

"Understand what? Where is he?"

"It's not with me."

"You don't..."

"Rashid you don't know what it is like to have your life destroyed and to be seen for just one mistake you made. Ruby has found a way to change history." The sorceress said it all with a strange smile on her lips. "If she can change the past, I...I... I will have a different destiny; I will be a fairy and not 'The enchantress who transformed a man into a beast. '"

"I don't believe it." Rashid sat on the floor running his hands through his hair feeling like pulling out the strands. "You're crazy! Idiot!"

"Well, I guess you don't need me anymore." Maleficent said with an almost enviable calm. "The end of the world is not far off. Can you take off those handcuffs?"

"So, is Ruby with the Book?" Merlin asked trying not to scream as well, but seeing Cirse confirm her theft only pirouetted her state. "Alright, we have a few hours, Cedric put a protection spell on her and she needs time to undo it. Rashid, I think we'd better arrest the enchantress."

"What? You can't do this to me, only I can put an end to Ruby."

"We'll work something out, you betrayed us Cirse."

Rashid felt anger and disappointment.

"Merlin, you don't..."

Even though she was on her sister's side, Cirse never wanted to disappoint her friends and wanted them to believe her.