What cannot be destroyed

From the boy running around the castle to the almost king trying to keep up with Jay in a race through the alleys. Truthfully Ben had never felt so free and happy in his whole life.

"Didn't you learn to run in any of your prince classes?"

Jay asked observing how exhausted Ben was from running for a few minutes.

"Between piano lessons and fencing I don't have much time for athletics classes." He tried to speak as he caught his breath. "Do you have any water around?"

"Clean water? Not for now. You have to wait for the gallons of water to come through the port."

"That's no life."

His shame at being an Auradonian and part of the crown only grew.

"It is our life. Mal must have found a shortcut and is probably ahead of us now."

"But she's alone."

The five friends were betting on a subtle race, however given the location in which they were doing this, the simple race turned into a real athletic field full of obstacles and challenges. Carlos and Evie were running on one side, Jay and Ben on the other and Mal was alone.

"It's Mal, her being alone is an extra help."

(...)

Wonderland

"So, how do you know my story?" Hours passed and Maleficent could not get over the fact that she had been deceived, albeit indirectly. "If the story has been manipulated and no longer exists, how do you know it?"

"That, well, someone told me."

Rashid Said shyly and getting redder and redder

"Who?"

"Part Cirse and part fairies who lived with you."

"You don't know how to lie."

She was a master at lying, knew how to recognize a good liar.

"There is a book, not like Fairy Tales, but a clandestine book that was written. Of course, no one of royalty knows, only wizards and witches know it exists."

"So, Merlin, do you and others know?"

More people knew about her life and she didn't know if she liked that.

"Yes, but as I told you he is not common knowledge."

"Cool."

Maleficent was confused and this was not normal to her.

"Look, you know what I think? Although, there are villains and heroes, whoever writes this whole mess wants everything to be revealed. And in a way, your story is still being told, but through someone else's perspective."

Rashid wanted to talk about Mal, because he truly believed that in some magical way the Book had chosen the girl because of her mother.

"Are you talking about Mal?"

"How do you know?"

"I am incredibly powerful and you are slow."

She resumed letting herself be carried away by the dark, worried thoughts.

"Just so you know, I am an amazing wizard and witch. I didn't get to talk to Cedric about it, but looking at the whole scenario, it seems obvious to me this. You were an important character, the main character, and you were taken from within your own tale. Mal being chosen doesn't seem to me to be a coincidence of life."

(...)

Isle of the Lost

"I won!"

Mal celebrated as she arrived first.