81. A typical Family Drama

<————««❃❃❃»»————>

<————««❃❃❃»»————>

Sidharth had gone to attend the get-together that his father had invited him to. It was supposed to be held at May's place. Shehnaaz was waiting for him to come back home. It was almost midnight when Sidharth returned. He opened the door with the spare key that he used to carry with him and went inside. He slowly walked into the living room when he saw Shehnaaz sitting on the couch. He saw that she had dozed off while reading a magazine that was placed on her lap. She didn't know when she fell asleep while she was waiting for Sidharth.

He went near her and attempted to wake her up.

"Shehnaaz..." he called out her name softly.

Hearing the voice, Shehnaaz woke up in shock. She immediately opened her eyes and saw Sidharth standing in front of her. Her wait was over and she was supposed to be happy to see him, but Shehnaaz behaved the opposite.

"Did you take a glance at your watch? Is this the time you should come back home? How could you be so irresponsible? You were so busy that you could not even send a text message. You keep on telling me to let you know if I need anything, but don't care to respond if I text you. Does this make any sense to you? Why are you silent? Speak up... Answer me, Sidharth.. " Shehnaaz began yelling at him.

Shehnaaz vented out all her frustration upon Sidharth and he stood still glancing at her. He was surprised to see Shehnaaz infuriated at him. He could not even understand what he had done to deserve being yelled in the middle of the night. What was his fault that made Shehnaaz so angry? Shehnaaz had not taken a single pause and blurted out all the questions in one breath. She was now gasping for breath. When Sidharth noticed her struggling to breathe, he immediately rushed to the kitchen and bought a glass of water for her.

He passed the glass of water to Shehnaaz.

"Calm yourself down, Shehnaaz. What happened? Why are you so angry? I would be late if I had not told you not to wait for me. Then why are you so upset?" He said

Tears welled up in Shehnaaz's eyes and rolled down her cheeks. In the last few hours, her brain had become home to numerous thoughts. Thousands of thoughts had made her heart restless, but she could not confess those thoughts to Sidharth.

And on the other hand, Sidharth was scared to see her crying. It ached her heart to see his ladylove sobbing before him. He sat beside her on the couch, placed his hand on her shoulder, and comforted her, "What happened Shehnaaz? Why are you crying? Is there any problem?"

Shehnaaz nodded her head and wrapped her arms around Sidharth at the very next moment. She began crying, bitterly, curled up in her arms. Sidharth was even more worried now. He couldn't think of a way to console her.

After a while, he rubbed his palm on her back to pacify her.

"Shehnaaz, please tell me what's wrong? What happened? You're scaring me now. Please don't cry. I can't see you crying. Please," He said,