69. Seeking Forgiveness

<————««❃❃❃»»————>

<————««❃❃❃»»————>

Yeah, shoot the breeze... Sidharth."
Shehnaaz casually asked him.

Both Shehnaaz and Sidharth were having a conversation with each other in Shehnaaz 's room. With his intense gaze fixed on Shehnaaz, Sidharth asked her, "You're avoiding me. Aren't you?"

Shehnaaz was looking straight into his eyes but immediately averted her gaze and threw it on the wall opposite to her.

"Um... no... I am not avoiding you. Why would I do that?"

"Is that so? Then why have you been avoiding meeting with me? Though we live in the same apartment, I didn't see your face this entire week. Also, I have noticed that you pretend to be asleep whenever I come to your room these days. Why so? Do you really think I am a fool? That I don't understand your pretentious act." His gaze grew fiercer when he inquired again.

Shehnaaz felt guilty. She felt as if she had been caught red-handed. She still attempted to defend herself. "You are mistaken, Sidharth. I feel tired these days, and the tiredness compels me to
get into bed early at night. There's nothing else that I have to hide."

Sidharth was infuriated with her when he saw her playing innocent.

"This isn't any misunderstanding, Shehnaaz. You are deliberately running away from me, and you know that. I even tried calling you several times, but you didn't respond to any of them. Do I need to remind you of the contract over and over again? "You must answer my phone calls every single time," Sidharth spoke loudly.

Shehnaaz was shocked and was looking straight into his eyes, with her stare widened.

Oh my God, is this man for real? He wanted to remind me of the contract and nothing else. Sidharth has become a puzzle for me that I don't think I will ever be able to solve. I thought he'd come to my room to confess his feelings. I wondered if he would say
'I LOVE YOU' again, but no..." She wondered what all he had to say was to rebuke me for not answering his calls.

Sidharth was already enraged and Shehnaaz's silence annoyed him to the core. He threw his loud and intense voice at Shehnaaz . "I am asking you something, Shehnaaz. Answer me dammit. Why are you avoiding me?"

"No... Sidharth. I'm not doing anything of that sort. Why would I? " Shehnaaz replied to him.

Sidharth folded his hands and glared at Shehnaaz." What's wrong with you, then? Please enlighten me."

"Nothing is wrong. Didn't I tell you that?"

Shehnaaz was annoyed at Sidharth for asking her the same question repeatedly.

Sidharth paused for a moment and cast his intense gaze at Shehnaaz.

Listen, Shehnaaz... Both of us know what the actual matter is. But don't you think it's inappropriate when you keep running away from the situation? You shall face it anyway,"he asserted.