Chapter 5

"Good Morning."

"Morning."

Holy mother of God, his morning voice is....

This was Jungkook's first thought at 7 in the morning after he greeted his husband. To say he was feeling warm would be an understatement. He was on fire. It wasn't the first time he heard it, this had been their morning routine after Jungkook stole from Taehyung. They had conversed with each other and surprisingly, it hadn't been as awkward as they initially thought, though there were moments where both of them did not know what to say. Since that day couple weeks ago, the distance between them lessened.

"......at about 11:30."

"Huh?" Jungkook was still, lost in his husband's voice, that the words Taehyung spoke fell on deaf ears.

" What's wrong? Why are you so red?"

"Uh...." Jungkook did not know how to answer that question. Damn it, how does he have such an effect on me and still remain clueless.

"J-just a bit warm in here."

Why am I stuttering!

"Really? Are you feeling alright?". Asked Taehyung, with a worry etched face, he moved to place the back of his hand on Jungkook's forehead.

At his action, Jungkook immediately grabbed the kitchen counter in a death grip, the veins on his tattoed hands popping up. Taehyung's eyes flicked to his hands but were back on his face within seconds. This action went unnoticed by Jungkook as he was too busy trying to get brain back to functioning again. Goddamn it, why am I always like this when he is around. He is so close to me , he is TOUCHING me, why is my heart beating so quick? Am I having a heart att-

"You're so hot Jungkook."

"..huh..?"

"I said you feel pretty hot, do you want to take medications, I'll go get them real quick."

Taehyung turned around but Jungkook grabbed his wrist and he turned around, looking at him in confusion.

"N-no need I-I am fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Okay."

They stood like that for a while.

"What were you saying a while ago?" Jungkook asked.

"You said you wanted to meet my friend who had planned the security of my account because you found it interesting. I just reminded you that we have lunch with him today, we have to leave around 11:30."

"Ohh right!"

"Yeah."

Again, silence.

"Umm Jungkook..?"

"Mhm."

"Can you...let go of my hand, I need to...uh..use the bathroom."

"Oh"

Jungkook immediately let go of his hand, flushing red again. He hadn't noticed that he was still holding his hand and Taehyung did not say anything either, maybe he didn't notice. Taehyung went away, hastily climbing the stairs. He hoped Jungkook did not notice his hurry.

And Jungkook didn't.

He did not notice that Taehyung had accidentally (but genuinely) called him hot, he did not notice Taehyung flickering his eyes towards their joint hands often while conversing with him, he did not notice Taehyung's heart eyes when he stuttered cutely, he certainly did not notice the faint blush creeping up Taehyung's ears.