Chapter 36

AN: Special Friendship day early update for my loves. I hope you like my gift♥️
______________________________________

Everyone left the courtroom, bidding their goodbyes and promises to meet soon.

Taehyung and Jungkook stood by the car awkwardly, both not knowing what to say, just avoiding eye contact. Finally, Taehyung cleared his throat.

"Um... Would you.. like to come home..?" Taehyung asked. Jungkook blinked at him.

"What?"

"I mean.. please come home with me..."

"Y-yeah, of course.. why wouldn't I?"

Both looked at each other before reaching out for the door, their hands stopping midway. Jungkook looked at Taehyung and they made eye contact. He quickly broke the eye contact and dropped his hand. Taehyung opened the door and stood silently. Jungkook bit his lips before getting in the car. Taehyung closed the door before getting inside from the other side of the car.

The car ride was silent, the two stealing glances at each other, looking away as soon as their eyes met. Both of them were nervous as to what would happen once they get home. One thing was clear, though.

They needed to talk.

They reached home too quickly for their liking. Taehyung again opened the door and let Jungkook inside, who's eyes widened drastically at the sight.

The living room was a mess. The table was thrown in a corner, the vase was broken on the floor, the paintings all shattered and pieces of glass all around the room. Then he noticed the TV, which had a huge dent on it. He turned around to look at Taehyung who's eyes were casted at the floor, not daring to look up.

Jungkook's eyes softened.

"C'mere." He said softly. Taehyung's eyes snapped towards Jungkook at the soft tone that he had desperately wanted to hear.

Jungkook had to suppress the urge to just take the adorable tiger cub that was in front of and squish him in a tight hug and never let him go. He can do that once they talk things out. He won't back down until all the things were cleared so he and his husband would be peaceful.

Taehyung walked towards Jungkook and stood in front of him. The sight was unexplainably cute because Taehyung was taller than Jungkook and was looking at his feet like a kicked puppy and Jungkook wanted to coo at Taehyung. It was so hard to bite back a smile.

"Show me your hands." Jungkook said. Taehyung showed his palms to Jungkook, who turned his hand around to take a look at his knuckles. Taehyung's right hand was bruised.

Jungkook dragged Taehyung to their bedroom and made him sit on the bed , going in the bathroom and coming back with the first aid kit. He gently applied some healing cream on it and blew on it. All the while Taehyung was staring at him, not knowing how to feel. Once Jungkook was done he kept the first aid kit away and stood up walking around the room, his back towards Taehyung.

"You know we need to talk right?" Jungkook asked.

"Yeah."

"So...?"

"I-I ... If I ..tell you the truth.. would you believe me?" Taehyung asked hesitantly. The stutter and hesitance in his voice had Jungkook wondering if this was the same person who was fighting for him in the court room.

"Taehyung, you have to tell the truth, to believe it or not is my choice." Jungkook said, turning around and facing Taehyung, who nodded.

"Bogum was in my college. We never spoke to each other even though we were in the same class and same year. It wasn't until the end of the year during our graduation he approached me, he said he loved me and wanted to be in a relationship with me. At the time, I wasn't really into having a relationship, I just wanted to study and get over with university because I had to take over my duty as the next head of the family. I refused him. He looked like he was about to cry and I honestly didn't know what to do." Taehyung said then he looked at Jungkook.