Chapter 19

"You know I'm not that injured and I can walk by myself right?" Jungkook asked, as Taehyung helped him out of the car and picked him up.

"No."

Taehyung had been too .....careful with him recently. He didn't understand why though. He was absolutely fine, there was nothing wrong with him except the pain in his leg. Or the dizziness he felt out of nowhere.

Taehyung was, as Jungkook called it, acting like a mother. He still remembered Taehyung's reply to that.

"Oh my god, stop."

"No."

"But-"

"You're eating this right now."

"I will but stop feeding me, I feel like a baby."

"You are a baby."

"No I'm not, you're just acting like a mommy."

"I'm your daddy though."

Jungkook blushed and did not oppose to feeding anymore.

Jungkook sighed. Of course he loved that his husband was giving him attention, but Taehyung had work too and Jungkook didn't want to be a burden. From the time he was in hospital, Taehyung hadn't left his side. He had become too protective but also timid around him. They did speak but Taehyung avoided looking at him.

No Jungkook was not insecure. He knew his husband isn't like that. He didn't doubt Taehyung, not one bit. Was he blaming himself?

Jungkook's eyes widened at the realisation but he wanted to confirm it. So he did something that might upset his husband, degraded himself, just in a joking way so his husband won't think he is making way for him to talk.

Taehyung opened the door to their room and walked towards the bed, placing Jungkook on the bed softly.

"Do you want something?"

"Just water."

Taehyung poured water in a glass and handed it to Jungkook but Jungkook caught his hand and pulled him closer. Taehyung tumbled and sat on the bed, water spilling on his clothes. He quickly place the glass on the table and looked at Jungkook with an astonished expression.

"Jungkook, what-"

"Keep looking at me "

Taehyung froze for a few seconds and then averted his eyes, trying to pull his hands away but Jungkook had a tight grip.

"Why don't you look at me anymore?"
Jungkook asked, sadly.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that you always avoid looking at my face, is it because of the scars? Do they make me ugly?"

"No, baby, you and ugly can't be put in one sentence, ever."

"Then tell me what is it!"

"Jungkook.."

"Are you telling me or not?"

"......I feel guilty." Taehyung looked at his feet.

Jungkook clapped his hands and threw them in the air in victory.

"Yes!"

Taehyung looked up confused.

"What?"

"You confessed!"

"... Was I not supposed to?"

"Well I thought it'd be hard to get you to say that... So I thought why not make you say that."