Chapter 33

Jungkook woke up to the sound of his phone ringing. He blinked his eyes rapidly. He stood up but winced when pain shot through his whole body due to the uncomfortable position he had slept in. He quickly picked up his phone.

"Hello?" He asked, groggily.

"Sir, I'm extremely sorry to disturb you, but we have a problem and Mr. Kim is not picking up his phone."

As soon as Jungkook heard Taehyung's name, the events of last night came rushing to his mind, now it wasn't only his body that was experiencing pain.

"What happened?"

"He has a meeting in an hour, he isn't here yet. Do you know where he is? This is a really important client, we can't afford to reschedule the meeting."

"H-he is sick Ms. Yuri. I'm sorry." Jungkook quickly thought of the excuse, he can't face his husband today.

"Sir, I'm really sorry to ask this , but could you please take his place in the meeting?"

Jungkook's eyes widened at the request.

"Ms. Yuri, are you sure that's allowed?"

"Of course sir, you are the owner of this company too, Mr. Kim had also adviced us that in case of emergency if he isn't available, we could contact you."

Jungkook thought about it. He still couldn't believe his husband trusted him enough for these kind of emergencies.

"Okay, I'll be there in 45 minutes. Please get everything ready for the meeting and give me a synopsis on whom I'll be meeting when I arrive, so that it'll be easier for me to understand and proceed."

"Thank you so much sir! "

Jungkook ended the call and started to get ready, it was 12 right now, thinking if he skipped breakfast he'll be there on time. So that's what he did.

He didn't bother to go back to Taehyung's room to check if he was up. He couldn't possibly risk seeing him right now. This meeting was the best distraction for him. He knew he had to face his husband sometime later, he chose to just ignore him for now.

And also ignore the pain in his heart.

Jungkook quickly got ready and drove to the company. It didn't take him long to reach there, and as usual everyone turned their heads when they saw their boss' husband entering. Jungkook completely ignored them and pressed the button to the lift, the doors opened and he pressed the button to the 11th floor.

Luckily, his husband's assistant was there as soon as he got out.

"Ms Yuri, tell me the details, quick."

"Yes sir. Today we are meeting Mr. Kang. He runs an orphanage in Busan and here in Seoul. Mr. Kim started donating for those orphanages around 6 months ago. Today Mr. Kang will be coming here because he needs extra donation for the orphanage. He'll discuss the reason and price with you." Yuri explained.

Jungkook nodded. He felt...happy after knowing his husband does these kinds of donations. Beneath that cold exterior he had a soft heart after all. His chain of thoughts broke when once again what happened yesterday came to his mind.

Because no matter how nice he is. He has hurt Jungkook. Jungkook won't dare to forget that.

"Sir, Mr. Kang is here."

Jungkook nodded and stood straight. A man, around 50-60 years of age entered, he confusedly smiled at Jungkook, but Jungkook returned the smile politely.

"I'm afraid we haven't been introduced yet Mr. Kang, I am Kim Jungkook."

The man nodded in realisation and shook Jungkook's hand, this time smiling in recognition.