CHAPTER 22 (Pre-Cana) B

*Reina*

After another four weeks duration of preparation, we finalized the other details for our much-anticipated wedding. We hired and booked the party liners and other rentals, from lights, tables and chairs, sound system, and other program needs and for hire, we also chose our wedding cake flavor and the design, which Ate Rossanne handled including the caterer and drinks.

She highly recommended her college friend, Lizzy for the food and other stuff. I trust my cousin's exquisite taste in this, she can handle it.

While Sab, being the maid of honor, tackled the details regarding the dresses and suits for the bridesmaids and groomsmen, she even recommended a boutique where to purchase the dresses for her and her fellow bridesmaids. We booked the meet-up and fitting, and we ended up in a bar and got drunk. Lol.

My wedding planner, Ms Joyce helped me with the papers and other requirements needed for the wedding. She handles most of the nerve-wracking stuff, from the church-chosen officiant to the venue, securing the reservation, booking the musicians for the ceremony, anticipating the guests' demands and getting everything done.

She also took a careful eye for the important details such as my wedding dress and Miles's dress suit, she took our measurements a few weeks before, we just need to maintain our measurements because it would be a hassle for the last minute adjustment, she's keeping me sane for a while and getting everything in a hustle.

She always updates me about the development, I'm just giving my approval and my fiancé's budget clearance, as of now, we are finalizing the guest lists, and the exact number of people we anticipate to come. I honestly wanted an intimate gathering but Tita Theresa wanted otherwise.

As if she's the one tying the knot. She invited all of my godfathers and godmothers from my baptismal and my dad's colleagues. Just imagine that!

I just wanted to finish this and be done with it.

My days are becoming more stressful and with every day that passes, the anxiety is heightened as it gets closer to our wedding day.

Sighing, I slapped my face to keep myself awake. Then continued typing on my computer.

I was trying to concentrate on my report when Tita Theresa breezed into the office, probably taking her thorough inspection before she went home and took a dead halt. “Reina, bakit nandito ka pa?”

“May tinatapos lang, tita,” my sluggish reply.

“Ano ka bang bata ka, malapit ka nang ikasal, halos isang buwan na lang, dapat nagpapahinga ka nang maaga,” and she fired me with her tirade.

“Saglit na lang 'to, tita,” di ko siya pinansin kahit panay ang koda. Kesyo baka bumigay daw ang kalusugan ko, panay na daw ako OT. Etc etc. Dinedma ko lang.

“Anong oras na, di ka ba susunduin ng fiancé mo?” Passed eight na rin kasi ng gabi.

Umilaw ang phone ko kaya sinilip ko. Sa wakas!

Kinuha ko na ang bag ko at isa-isang niligpit ang mga gamit ko. Tapos tumayo na sukbit ang bag ko at isinuksok ang phone ko sa blazer ko.

“Bye tita,” nagbeso na ako sa kanya kahit parang magtatanong pa sana.

Lumabas na ako ng main lobby ng office, hinanap ang silver na Ford Ranger ni Babe at naglakad papuntang parking.

Bumaba siya ng sasakyan nung nakita akong palapit at sinalubong ako ng halik sa sentido habang kinukuha ang bag ko. “Sorry na-traffic ako,”

“Okay lang, may tinapos din akong report,”

Ipinagbukas niya ako ng pinto bago siya umikot sa driver seat at nagsuot ng seat belt. “Daming trabaho? Lagi ka na lang OT,”