CHAPTER 5 (Two Trouble Birds)

*Reina*

We made it for a month, and that month had not been easy for me. I could say I survived those times because I had Miles with me and he helped me to go back in good shape again.

Well, I am still on medication due to my recent incident, that kidnapping incident had me injured, with some minor wounds and 12 stitches, I am lucky enough that it didn't leave an ugly scar. It is healing, but my doctor recommended that I still should go through rehabilitation and treatment.

But I started some light exercise when my doctor told me that it could lessen my anxiety and overthinking. With overwhelming happenings in my life, the ongoing pandemic added more to my triggering point. Plus, being bummed inside was not really my style. I mean, yeah, I do love quarantining with my boyfie but there is something inside me that wanted to be released, that wanted to be sated, I just know that it wasn't just my PTSD.

I am so frustrated and anxious that it makes me cry at night or just lie awake and can't find a way to go back to sleep.

I didn't tell Miles because I didn't want to burden him with worries. It always came unannounced that sometimes, I acted up strangely, kept on bullying him or just became cranky. There was a time that I just cried without reason, with that, he knew something was going on. Just like he always does, he comforted me and stayed with me. He also tried to know what was wrong but eventually, left the question hanging and led me to prayers each night.

Luckily, it eventually worked, because with each passing day, just like what he always says, God will help us in times of trouble and guide us to pass the storm.

I did overcome it, by keeping our health strong and making our faith stronger.

I knew that I would never be lost because I had him with me. And it's a very uplifting feeling for me to know I have someone I can depend on and trust with my life.

Miles has been the light of my life. He has the right attitude for every problem we are facing. Also, resourceful and thrifty, he actually handled the budget for groceries and bills. He also taught me how to be 'madiskarte' and thrifty in terms of my finance and my expenses he always had something to say whenever I bought expensive furniture or just spent my money on clothes and make-up online, which he called excessive whim while I called them, 'girl-stuff'.

He never controlled me nor restricted me to buy them, he just wanted me to be reasonable. At one point, I agree with him, but still, I will buy them anyway.

We never really argued about it, just funny interactions between me and my excessive love for material stuff and Miles and his old-fashioned lifestyle.

No matter what happened, I still couldn't get enough of him and our unending discoveries about each other.

As I knew him before, he's a natural artist. Loves to create art from scrap, he just started creating dioramas. A kind of hobby that is close to his course I guess. He still draws portraits and I was his favorite model. He can sing too, and play the guitar, which he always serenades me with whenever I'm mad or he just wants to express his feelings.

I also started my short class in business school and at the same time, I started my training course routine and preparation to enter the selection week, preliminary and qualifying rounds.

Because he wanted to motivate me, he also started weightlifting and cardio with me. He improvised most of our equipment, he even gave me the idea of how to be fit while staying at home.

I didn't just have a boyfriend and home buddy, but also a training partner that motivates me whenever I feel doubtful and insecure.

He's always there for me. Just right now, he's behind the wheel. Driving me to the place where Benny texted me. I was smiling from ear to ear, not because we were going out but also because he was with me on the very best day of my life.