That Summer Rain

'Ash is haunted by her memories'. His twin pointed out. Living in separate lives with his twin made him feel the biggest void in his heart.

Everyone is worried including his twin, Casper who keeps him sane and motivated. The act he once played is apparently turning in reverse.

But in his attempt to make his brother feel better, Casper developed a sickness that they both hid since they were kids. A sickness that Ash thought he inflicted on him.

As Ash struggles to heal, he meets a girl who keeps badgering and meddling in his daily life. And surprisingly, reminds him of his deceased girlfriend, Lorraine. Which brings him good and bad memories.

Summer was her favorite season.
For him, it is the saddest and hardest time to bear.

Sa mga taon na lumipas at ang mga tao na dumating, magawa na kaya niyang humakbang at mabuhay kakabit ang sugat sa puso o mananatili na lang ba siya sa alaala ng nakaraan?

********

Prologue

The night was so dark and gloomy, like the room where we were hiding.

The room was full of filth, scattered broken chairs, trash was all around us, and mice were scurrying around, I smelled their dung and pee, and even their tiny scratches made us jump or look a bit nervous.

No one was there to help us. No one but us and we have to get out of this. Or else, we were both dead.

“Ash, I'm scared,” Casper grabbed the hem of my hoodie. He was trembling like me.

“D-don't be, we are still together,”

“Do you think they will find us?”

A loud thud coming from the nearest wall divider made us both jump out of our skins and then I heard Casper whimper.

“Ash, I'm really scared, I think I wet myself,”

I was also shaking, my knees weren't able to hold me still. But if I showed him how scared I was, he would eventually cry out loud.

That is the least I need right now. We shouldn't make noise.

“Sssh, just lowered your voice, they might hear us,” I whispered as we ducked low and waited for the next turn of events.

We heard some voices, male voices the loud bellowing voice from a big burly man I guessed, barking orders to his crew.

Our abductors.

The people who we were running from.

The people that we have to escape from.

“If you didn't show up, I promise I wouldn't be very sympathetic to you, come on out now halflings!”

Some were bursting into laughter, some were jesting.

That made us pretty much frightened, we scooted inch after inch closer to the dirty and slimy wall.

“Ash, what to do now?”

My twin was already scared. He even pissed his pants, I have to do something, I have to act up as the eldest but...

I'm also scared.