Night Hunter: Damien Grey's Story

“Walang kaibigan, walang kakilala,
Walang sinasanto ang bala ko,”

Damien is a serious hitman with one thing in mind, to kill: fast and efficiently.

Growing up, he had a decent and religious upbringing, born and raised in a Roman Catholic seminary. He decided to follow in the footsteps of Mikey, his fellow orphan whom he considered brother, it was to becoming a priest, but one eventful night changed everything.

As he loses everything around him, he throws his life into the abyss, committing for the first time the mortal sin he couldn't undo, to kill the guy who massacred his family.

Alone and aloof, Damien now wears his nocturnal alter ego, Death Crow and raids the night to seek and hunt the person on his list.

*********
Trigger Warning: mature content ahead, be informed that this is a mature-themed story that contains some violence, language and gore scenes. Please take note that this is just a work of fiction and the scene you're about to read is just a product of the pure imagination of the author.

**********

Excerpt from Night Hunter: Damien Grey's Story‡

It was an eerily silent night, despite the sudden downpour peppering the dome and tiled roofing of the campanile, no one dared to make a noise. Not even the sullen sound of the nocturnal creatures surrounding this lone chapel amongst other amenities of St Joseph Church and its sleeping quarters for clergymen and members of the congregation.

The air was damp, yet the humidity from the sunbaked soil of midsummer was just the right recipe for another thunderstorm, it was twice passing for this month, July was really freakish and hellish for the people here in Umbria, and everyone got used to it, it was just another midsummer rain, and for me, it was just like any ordinary night.

I was given a task to go to the bell tower and ring it four to eight times when the clock struck twelve. Then I will go down and ready the room for changing of the parish priest and service items such as the Bible, wine cup and the incense for the early mass at six.

Yawning while walking straight ahead to the hallway of the courtyard, with only a flashlight with me, I noticed something moved from the back of the tree on my left.

I rubbed my eyes and blinked twice before checking if there was someone indeed hiding there. “Hello, anyone in there?”

No one answered. I was a bit confused but I just shrugged that off and continued my walk to complete my task.

After a few more steps and minutes of walking, I heard approaching footsteps from behind me.

“Hey, Xav, wanna go out after your shift?” and felt his thick arm on my lean shoulder.

It was Giancarlo, one of the boys that accompanied me with my task sometimes. Also, considered as the rascal and bully here in church school.

“What do you mean, 'go out'? We can't do that, Father Giulio made it clear that we can't go out of this place,”

“You're too tight, you know that, he won't find out, I know a way, c'mon, come and join us, Mikey is coming with us,”

I looked at him incredulously. “Mikey won't do that, if he wanted to get caught and be punished by cleaning the stable for a month,”