Mafia 4.1 Soulmates

I see them pass.

The black SUVs.

Unlike the other people going through a normal day, I watch them pass. The Dahlia Mafia. Not a frightening name. But frightening people. Frightening rules. Along with my father's addiction, I had to deal with a few of those men once. And no words can explain how deeply scared I was at the time.

Fortunately, I moved out away from my parents. Away from drugs and started a new life. At 22 years old, I was working as a secretary for an ophthalmologist for a year now. My life was a forever routine and I loved it. I wanted to forget all about my childhood. I was glad to be in another world now.

However, Dahlias were never too far. Corruption. Drugs. Sex shop. Bars. Everything was controlled by this group. People wondered if the leaders even had soulmates. Or a heart to begin with.

Everybody had a soulmate.

Except the Soulone.

I learned that sometimes it was better to be Soulone rather than being a soulmate. And I didn't mind acting like one. The soulmate marks on my lower back were grey Dahlia flowers, only springing to colors if my soulmate would touch this place. It was quite intimate and I never wore crop tops.

The fact that I had seven marks, seven Dahlias all colorless, was revealing enough to me. My soulmates were probably in the Mafia. And I had no wish to verify that theory. I didn't know enough about the rules of the Dahlia, but I had in a class I took, one of the sister of one of Dahlia's leader. Bodyguards surrounded the classroom: five outside and three inside. It was terrifying. The feeling of suffocating already itching me inside.

"Let's go!"

I watched my coworker with an indulgent eye. Solar was an assistant to the ophthalmologist we worked for. She was a very energetic woman and loved having a good drink after work. I was very careful about my salary, but after a small augmentation, I didn't mind accompanying her. I looked away from the black cars my shoulder length hair floating in the air.

"Look, this bar looks awesome!" She exclaimed "After that idiot of a doctor-"

"Don't talk too bad about Doctor Moonbyul she could hear you." I interrupt with a laugh.

Once inside the establishment, it feels classy and cozy. A man wearing a tuxedo welcomes us and sits us down. We each take a cocktail, but I ask for the smallest dose of alcohol. I'm a very good drinker, but I don't like drinking too much. Solar continues to complain about the situation and I listen to her.

However, five minutes later, there is an audible gasp coming from the man at the entry that attracts attention. The only thing I can hear is his stuttering.

"Must be someone important." Solar whispers to me as we keep our eyes near the entry.

As I watch the man stepping in, I feel all the hairs on my arms getting up. His deep brown eyes and dark brown styled hair, along with a light vest, dark blue shirt and high pants are enough to see that he looks handsome.

My lower back tingles and I snap my head the other way. Solar is gaping as I'm slowly panicking.

"A table for two?" The man's voice is sugar-coated, but the underlying warning in it makes the waiter sweat as he nods repeatedly. I couldn't glance at the other man accompanying him, but I had no wish to.

"He got a Dahlia tattoo." Solar looks at me worried "Should we go?" She frowns looking at the people around who are either too frightened to leave or too curious.

I can't even probably form an answer in my head. The two men here are part of my soulmates. They are part of my soulmates. I know it. I feel it.

"Elina, you are really pale." Solar whispers