Hybrid 14.9: Mothers

Research on hybrids were much easier than I thought. I was in the library in the middle of the city and I had about a dozen of books that I wanted to read about hybrids' law and mates.

I found myself a tranquil space and began reading as I put my headphone on. It was more painful to wear headphone on my human ears because it was difficult to different my two hearing then. It's as if my doe ears were blocked and it wasn't really pleasant.

However, I had checked on headphone for hybrids and they were crazy expensive. Even with my nice allowance from my parents, I didn't want to ask them for it.

After two hours, I stretched and checked on my phone. It had been a few days since I saw my mates at all. Bang Chan helped me to put order in my stuff and I donated almost all of my human clothes. I kept some pieces that fit still, memories attached to the clothes. I took my headphone off and winced slightly as I unintentionally hurt my doe ears with it.

"Miss Cha?"

I turned around to see a fox hybrid dressed in a suit. He looked professional, but I remember seeing him somewhere. Nonetheless, he was a stranger.

"Yes?" I wondered disturbed "Did I do something?" I looked around at the other occupants, but no one was really having a nasty expression on. Most of them were curious.

"I work for Boss...I mean Sir Jung." He cleared his throat "My name is Coups." He bowed slightly.

His phone vibrated and he answered in a low voice. Then he handed me the phone and I stared at it for a second, before taking it.

"Follow him." Yoongi's voice sounded exhausted "He'll take care of you and knows where to take you." He said and then was about to hang up.

"Wait Yoongi" I said "I was reading a few books about mates and-"

"Hand the phone to Coups." He interrupted.

I gave the phone back to Coups. The man straightened and nodded as he looked at the books behind me. He took them all and paid for them. When he took out a black card, I widened my eyes and shook my head but it was too late. He carried the books and gave me a nod.

I guess I needed to follow him. The black SUV really gave out celebrity vibes, but I kept my mouth shut as Coups opened the door and bowed his head. I stepped inside the car and sat down.

"I'm Mingyu." The guy driving introduced himself "I work for Jungkook."

The way he casually called him, showed me that they were closer than Coups was with Hoseok. Clearly.

"Nice to meet you. Both of you. I'm Elana Cha." I introduced myself too.

"We know. You are our bosses' mate." Coups said.

"Do you know what is going on?" I asked Coups.

He seemed more inclined to answer my questions somehow than any of my mates had ever been. I caught his grimacing face and caught Mingyu's eyes looking at me with pity in the mirror.

"Boss Jung had a fight with Boss Kim. It got to the point that one hit the other." Coups explained as I widened my eyes

"I'm sorry to seem self-centered, but was I concerned?" I asked him.

"No. It was a business issue. Boss Jung and Boss Kim...Kim Seokjin work together. However, each side is very proud of their work and have their own side of the company." I knew about it and ever since wondered how it worked "Usually, they fight very rarely. However, lately Boss Jung has been a little bit more...sensitive." Mingyu glances at me again.