Hybrid 14.10: Severe

Half an hour later, Verity steps inside the house and notices a few familiar faces. She looks at her daughter who is not giving a care to the several women present.

"Verity?" Jin's mom exclaims "Why are you here?"

"I asked my daughter if I could come, it is surprising to see you here to Madam." Verity smiles.

"Your-Your daughter?" Jungkook's mom stutters and I roll my eyes to the ceiling as I finish preparing a chocolate cake batter and starting the oven.

"Yes, my daughter. I told you I got affianced to Cha Yo Han recently and had a daughter in Fulmer's university." She glances at me "I also got your report card, Ela! Congratulations on placing first for this semester." She exclaims as she embraces me.

Ah, yeah. This happened this morning. I completely forgot about that.

"Oh, yeah." I say uninterested as I grab the bag of groceries "Are we making pasta mom?"

"Aren't you being rude to your guest?" She points her chins over to the madam as I put the bag of groceries on the kitchen counter.

"I don't care. They barged in. Criticized me. Spouted a bunch of unworthy stuff. I have had a rough day." I point to Woozi "Moreover, I told Woozi to serve them tea and he did. Look." I point to various tea cups that lay on the table in the living room.

"I'll talk with them alright, will you manage dinner on your own?" She asks.

I stare at her then at the women who look away in the living room. At least, they have some shame in them. I sigh.

"Do whatever you want, mom." I return to the kitchen and begin cooking.

It's always been relaxing for me to cook. To distract my mind from University or any problems I had in my life. It allowed retrospection on my actions of the day. I had texted Jeonghan and he hadn't answered which made me anxious. Hopefully, it wouldn't get too bad. I was still shocked about Jungkook's act of violence. It was disturbing to see one of the mate that I qualified as the most inoffensive of the group, being this...this bad.

"Are you alright?"

I raise my head. I'm pretty sure that this is Hoseok's mom. She's wearing a blue apron over her pricey trousers and blouse and staring right at me. Her black panther ears pop out in their light brown hair. I stare at her for a second.

"I'm not. But I'll be fine." I continue working on the doe "How are you doing?" I ask casually.

She seems slightly surprised that I asked. This attempt at friendliness is quite funny because of my previous outburst.

"I'm fine. We were rude earlier. Your mother seems like she is very proud of you." She smiles as she looks beside me "I'll begin cutting the vegetables, what were you planning on making?" She asks.

"An Italian pasta dish." I offer "It doesn't have a special recipe, put everything that is good in the sauce a few seasoning and it'll be fine. Lettuce to go with it." I point to the two huge lettuces that my mother brought.

"Let's cook freely then." She smiles clearly not used to it.

First it is silent as I begin thinning the dough to make spaghettis. But it is not for long.

"Do you have an idea of who I am?" She asks "Whose mom I am?"

"I have clear idea on who you all are to be honest. You're Hoseok's mother." I smile and she widens her eyes at me "The blond mother is Jin's. The midnight blue is Yoongi's. The black haired one with a red ring is Jungkook's..." And I continue pointing them all out.