Chapter Twelve: The Trial

Hiiiiii! How are you? Hope all is well. This is Y/N's POV. Happy reading!😊
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suean called me to say that she slapped Moné a subpoena. It turns out that when I told Sue to drop the case I lost, she took it the opposite way. I have to testify against her again on the night of the anniversary gala. Moné was on stand again. Everything was the same again, except Suguru was next to me.

"Mrs. Geto-"

"That's right, Mrs." she cuts Suean off, looking at me with a cocky grin.

Suguru takes my hand and squeezes it. I squeeze it back.

"Do not interrupt me." Suean warns.

"Mrs. Geto, do you want to explain again how the entire incident happened?"

"Why reiterate it when we can rewatch it?" Moné asks.

"Oh do you mean the video that you had gotten doctored?" Suean asks.

"Objection! My client did no such thing!" Moné's lawyer shouts.

She had to hire a personal lawyer considering Suguru's stayed with him.

"Overruled." Judge Bedón said banging his his gavel.

"That's a lie. Why would I edit a video? I don't even know this woman. I just met her on the night of our company's anniversary gala."

"The same night you accused your husband of cheating on you with my client and her best friend. You felt threatened by them. More specifically my client. So you hired a master video editor to make a deepfake and forced your husband to falsely testify against my client...twice! Even had his lawyer to participate in your charades as well."

"That's a lie and you know it. You and your client are both so bitter about losing the last case that you've become so desperate and making false claims."

"Objection!"

"On what grounds?" Judge Bedón asks.

"On the grounds that she has no proof." Suean smiles.

"The best part is coming up. Not only do I have multiple proof but I also have witnesses. Your honor if I may?"

Judge Bedón nods.

"I'll allow it."

"No further questions. I would like to call Mario to the stand." Suean said.

Moné gets up. She noticed our intertwined fingers and glares at me as she retrieved back to her seat. I watch as Mario sworn in.

"Can you tell us about your interaction with Mrs. Geto?" Suean asks.

He nods.

"Mrs. Geto found me on the dark web. She reached out to me explaining that she needs a camera footage edited in her favor. I don't question my clients on why especially when they pay me handsomely. She seemed desperate demanding she needed it done sooner than my usual time it takes.

I got the job done by not sleeping or doing any other projects. I make all my clients sign a contract of them agreeing that I can release any evidence to the police or court if and when needed to be."

"Do you have the evidence with you?" Suean asks.

Mario nods and points to where he was sitting. Suean walks over to grab a folder and a box. She hands them over to Mario. He opens the box first. He pulls out a tape. Suean motions the guard who pulls out a tv. The guard pops in the tape. Moné was in Mario's house...?