Chapter Forty-Six: Dr. Haru

Hiiiii! How are you? Hope all is well. This isn't a time skip. Happy reading!😊
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I promised, I reached out to Dr. Haru the next morning. Satoru is with me.

"So how have you been since we last spoke?"

Dr. Haru asks. Satoru connected him to the tv in the living room of our villa.

"I don't exactly know how I feel. I have so many emotions."

"Such as?"

"Guilt. Happiness. Fear. Trauma."

"How so?"

I was silent for a minute. Satoru grabs my hand, squeezing it.

"I fear that something bad is going to happen. Everything's been going so well so far. I guess you can say that's why I'm traumatized. I feel guilty because I failed as a mother, I moved on, and I miss him dearly.

And because I took Satoru from Aoi. It wasn't my intention. To know that he spent a year thinking about me in a way that he should be thinking about Aoi."

I explain. Dr. Haru writes.

"And your happiness?"

"Being with Satoru. Being with someone who is devoted to me and hasn't changed. And...he's out of my life forever."

Dr. Haru nods, writing.

"Y/N you can't stop someone from falling for you. Was it unfortunate for Aoi? Of course. She got the worst end of the stick. But I'm sure she knows you didn't sink your claws into Satoru from underneath her nose. You didn't do anything malicious.

Things like this happen from time to time. It's okay to love him. And it's okay to love him too. After everything you've been through, you deserve divine, eternal peace and happiness.

You never failed as a mother. Always remember that. Your son loved you as much as you loved him. And it's okay to miss him. Don't force yourself to not miss him. It's natural. I know it hurts to move on without him. And that's okay too.

Your son would want you to move on and be happy. He may have been a baby, but he knew that you were always happy."

A tear moves down my cheek and Satoru wipes it. I sniff.

"I wish I could see him again. I'd trade my soul if it means I can see him smiling again. Giggling. Sleeping. Kissing my cheek. Calling me mama again. To tell him how much I love him. To play with him. To read to him. Putting him to sleep."

I choked back a lot of tears. Each word was a raspy struggle. Satoru rubs my back.

"I know. Cherish those memories. And you'll experience that in the future again, if you're willing to have more children. As for your fear, don't put negative energy into the universe. Enjoy every moment. Fight for your happiness and inner peace. Fight to keep it. Protect it.

No one should take that away from you. Your trauma will fade away over time. But it's not easy. You have to let it go. I know it's hard, but don't let it define who you are. When you said he's out of your life for good, I take it he is dead?"

I nod.

"Good. Now he can no longer pursue you. Terrorize you. Manipulate and abuse you. You can get a peace of mind. Tell me. Were you there when he was taken care of?"

"Yes."

"Have you been getting nightmares from it?"

"No."