Chapter Fourteen: The Settlement

Hiiiiiii! Hope all is well. Happy reading!☺️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a while before I was finally off bed rest. Suguru never stopped taking care of me. It's weird considering one, I don't love him back and two, I was arrested because of his lies. I guess you could say I'm still on guard. He doesn't show any malicious intent but, sometimes I wonder what if he fall under her trap again? What this is all a sick ruse?

"Something on your mind?" Suguru asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"You seem out of it and you haven't touched your food. You love my cooking."

I gush out a sigh. It's better to get this over with.

"How do I know this isn't a ruse?"

He looks at me confused.

"What's a ruse?"

"This, all of this. It feels like another set up or a dream."

"I know you don't trust me, and I don't blame you. I've put you through so much."

Suguru stands and walks to me. He place my hand on his chest.

"My heart becomes in sync with yours. It only beats for you. Not for her or anyone else. I can't stay far away from you for long periods of time. You make me feel tingly inside. I'm deeply in love with you. Everything about you makes me love you more each and every day. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and continue to cherish you."

I roll my eyes.

"That was the cheesiest shit I've ever heard." Suguru chuckles.

I finally remove my hand off his giant titty. I stand up.

"Suppose I believe in everything you say..." trail off, walking away.

"What does this all mean?"

"It means that I love you. You believe me, and there's a chance for us in the future."

Suguru grabs me and holds me.

"Maybe. But realistically, you're still married and anything you do will count as cheating."

He shrugs.

"Then I'll happily cheat with you."

I take a step back.

"No. I'm not a home wrecker."

"You're not a home wrecker. You're my lover. We won't do anything you don't want to do."

"Oh you know it."

"Listen I hate to leave you alone and I hate being away from you, but I have to negotiate a settlement."

"She's still trying to take your company?"

He nods.

"Sebastian wants her to walk away with nothing."

"Good!"

"No. She can still have everything. I just want my last name and my company. I already have my heirlooms."

"Suguru she doesn't want that. She wants you to suffer, that is why she is trying to take your company."

"I know, and she's not getting it."

He stares at me fondly.

"What?" I ask.

"You're just beautiful."

I roll my eyes.

"Cornball." I tease, rolling my eyes.