Chapter Twenty-Three: Shibuya Incident

ac·ri·mo·ny
/ˈakrəˌmōnē/
noun
bitterness or ill feeling.

de·ranged
/dēˈrānjd,dəˈrānjd/
adjective
mad; insane.

in·ex·o·ra·ble
/ˌinˈeksərəb(ə)l/
adjective
Unforgiving, relentless, unbending, inflexible

Hiiiii! Hope all is well. This is a warning that the chapter will contain gruesome content. Feel free to skip. This will also switch POV's. Happy reading!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diavian was released from the hospital. It's really hard to convince her that Valentine's death wasn't her fault. Suguru and I haven't been ourselves lately. It was to the point I hired a therapist. Suguru never came to my therapy sessions. After our son's funeral and cremation, he just...changed. I'm worried sick about him. He doesn't sleep in our room.

He sleeps in the guest room. He rarely talks to me. I don't see him often as he keeps himself locked inside. There are times, I cry myself to sleep. From the pain of losing our son, and Suguru's behavior. I didn't know what to do. Neither did his parents.

"Suguru?"

I knock on the door softly. He always keeps it locked.

"Can you talk to me?" I ask.

Nothing.

"I'm really worried about you. I don't want to lose you too. I want to know what's going on inside your head."

I slide down and sit on the floor.

"I'm scared. I don't want you to lose yourself. We can get through this together. Valentine will always be in our hearts. In our memories."

I look down at the ring on my finger. Inside had some of his ashes.

"I know that you blame yourself. And I blame myself too. I wish I did call sooner. Or that we stayed home with him. Something, anything to prevent that. We're his parents and we didn't protect him. He was my world. I fell in love with him so hard. I never wanted to let him go.

I miss his face. I miss his smiles. I miss his giggles. I miss his sloppy kisses on my cheek. I miss feeding him. I miss kissing all over his face. I miss cuddling with him. I miss you two bonding. I miss when you both passed out and he was on top of your chest. I miss singing to him.

I miss rocking him to sleep in the rocking chair. I miss playing with him. He was only six months. He just said his first words that night."

I go quiet.

"Sometimes I wonder if he was ever meant to be in my life. He didn't deserve that. He wasn't even supposed to be born let alone conceived. I m-miss him so much."

I start to sob. I get up, running into my room and slam the door. I cry into my pillow. When Valentine was taken from us, it felt like a piece of my soul died. I guess it did since he was a part of me. I feel so alone and cold in our bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Suguru's POV~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N spoke to me again. From the other side of the door. I couldn't be around her. I couldn't face her. I've failed to protect our son. She never blamed me but I wish she did. I spend most of my time tracking down Moné and the judge who freed her.